S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Lets talk jacks/lifts.

Old 12-12-2022, 08:28 PM

Received 316 Likes on 226 Posts

The Company here wich sells the Quick Jacks meanwhile ship them pre- assembled, filled with Oil, and tested. I think they do this for a reason.
Good luck with yours. Just bleed the hydraulic system.
Old 12-13-2022, 05:34 AM

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw
I recall before my first lift, I had to do a trial run with no weight on the unit.

Also, I check the blocks just prior to the full lift just as they contact the lift points on the car.
good luck tomorrow.

darcy
The manual say absolutely do not raise the jacks without a load on them. The weight of the vehicle is what helps lower them.
And my right front block rolled under the weight which I believe is the real reason I had problems.
I placed my blocks longitudinally on the jack frames and I believe they should have been placed sideways to the jacks.. but nowhere in the manual do they state which way to place the blocks.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:31 AM

Have you aligned the jacks carefully paralell to the car? I allways take my time and eyeball them 100% paralell to the sills.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Matchbox
Have you aligned the jacks carefully paralell to the car? I allways take my time and eyeball them 100% paralell to the sills.
Yes, I did do that.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:00 PM

So I bled the jacks today, checked the pressure in the air cylinders, went through the whole set up and operation parts in the manual. Goes up nice and smooth but when I try to lower from the lower stop position the cam will not roll over the stop to let it lower and it gets stuck there, if I raise it a hair and manually lift the lock bar the cam rotates down and lets me lower it. I talked to the Quickjacks help and he requested a video which I sent him and am now awaiting word from them. I'll not try to go to the higher stop till I get this all figured out.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_8971.MOV (9.57 MB, 20 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_8974.MOV (18.85 MB, 12 views)

Last edited by A.O.; 12-13-2022 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 04:05 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I guess I didn't know the cams were supposed to flip over on their own.

I have always raised the lift up until the weight is off the arms and then lifted the arms manually to flip the cams.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:36 PM

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewDay09
I guess I didn't know the cams were supposed to flip over on their own.

I have always raised the lift up until the weight is off the arms and then lifted the arms manually to flip the cams.
Same here. I’ve always flipped them down manually. I usually do it with the toe of my shoe. I’m not sure I’d trust them to flip down automatically… you wouldn’t want one side to get stuck and tip the car.
Old 12-13-2022, 07:17 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O.
The manual say absolutely do not raise the jacks without a load on them. The weight of the vehicle is what helps lower them.
And my right front block rolled under the weight which I believe is the real reason I had problems.
I placed my blocks longitudinally on the jack frames and I believe they should have been placed sideways to the jacks.. but nowhere in the manual do they state which way to place the blocks.
correct- I placed just enough weight to allow them to lower on their own...like spare children I had lying around the house

darcy
Old 12-13-2022, 07:18 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O.
So I bled the jacks today, checked the pressure in the air cylinders, went through the whole set up and operation parts in the manual. Goes up nice and smooth but when I try to lower from the lower stop position the cam will not roll over the stop to let it lower and it gets stuck there, if I raise it a hair and manually lift the lock bar the cam rotates down and lets me lower it. I talked to the Quickjacks help and he requested a video which I sent him and am now awaiting word from them. I'll not try to go to the higher stop till I get this all figured out.
You've got to lift the arm up after the weight is off them and allow the cam to swing down and then place it back on the slide track.

darcy
Old 12-13-2022, 08:23 PM

Quick Reply: Lets talk jacks/lifts.