S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Leaking water after heavy rain.

Old 10-15-2003, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaking water after heavy rain.

My car has always done this but Im just curious if anyone elses does. I park outside sometimes and it seems that after heavy rain water builds up in the rubber seal area where the windows touch when rolled up. The part on the convertable top which also hinges. It dosent get into the car until I close the door. Thats when it just splashes in. Also while I drive accelerating or stopping, the water leaks in.

Should I take it to Honda?
Old 10-15-2003, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a habit of closing your door with the window? if so, that can knock the window out of alignment and can cause leaks.

always use the door handle to close the door.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I close the door by the handle and also push with the back of my hand so I won't leave fingerprints.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:43 PM

anyone figure this out? mine's leaking like this also.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably normal for most convertables. Lack of gutter rails like a hardtop makes it impossible to keep all water out.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:44 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem. The water seems to be inside the top window rubber tube piece. It comes out from the inside of the rubber tubing at towards the windshield. It usually happens when I break. It doesn' t leak anywhere else or at a standstill. Anyone tried capping the end off?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 PM

I have had the same problem since I first got mine, when I accelerate water comes out of the seal were it meets about at the middle of the window. its hard to explain, I hope it makes sense to others. Then when i stop it will come out of the front. ITS SO ANNOYING! i put some black silicon on the inside to stop the water from coming out when i stop, which works perfect . But i can't find a fix for the water coming in on acceleration. any help?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by FASTSIIK,Jan 3 2007, 02:16 AM
I have had the same problem since I first got mine, when I accelerate water comes out of the seal were it meets about at the middle of the window. its hard to explain, I hope it makes sense to others. Then when i stop it will come out of the front. ITS SO ANNOYING! i put some black silicon on the inside to stop the water from coming out when i stop, which works perfect . But i can't find a fix for the water coming in on acceleration. any help?
I'm right there with ya bud, exact came situation. I'm a smoker, so it's a ****ing bitch when theres any water on the road or even raining, the window open the slightest crack allows the water to fly into my face. SUCKS! lol

Oh well, it's a track car. Who ****ing cares I guess.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:35 PM

sorry if i'm repeating anything coz i didnt really read thru the previous posts, but my 06 had a leaky soft top problem a lil while ago. the fix for it was to get new weather stripping.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:38 PM

my answer is take it to honda and get it warrantied if you can. if the dealership is a jackass they won't fix it, but if you insist, they'll have to. anyway... i think they told me that the rubber pieces are hollow and in the part where the soft top and the frame of the windsheild meet is where the water leaks in... then it travels to the center crack and its usually leaked out there...

Quick Reply: Leaking water after heavy rain.