S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Kpro sensors install question.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kpro sensors install question.

Was thinking of going with a kpro set up and was wondering if anyone had a write up on how to install these extra sensors? Never done it before hence why i am asking. I have however removed and installed a new cylinder head on my S2000. Just to give you an idea of where i am with mechanics and all.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:06 AM

The new modified mag has a write up on parts and how to install the sensors for k pro. The article is in the back of the mag. I was reading it the other day.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by \\s2kris//,Mar 11 2009, 10:06 AM
The new modified mag has a write up on parts and how to install the sensors for k pro. The article is in the back of the mag. I was reading it the other day.
What month is the magazine? So I get the right one
Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM

Here's some info from my write up last spring:

I just finished swapping out the necessary parts to run a Kpro and I decided to post some pics so everyone can see what's it takes. I had the luxury of my engine being on a stand but it would be a major pita to do all this with the engine still in the car. Also, the instructions on Hondata's website state to simply remove the timing cover and later reinstall. It really is not this easy since the cover is sandwiched vertically between the head and oil pan. I was able to remove the cover fairly easy but when I went to reinstall it, I realized that unless I wanted to really force it back in I would have to pull the oil pan. I don't claim that this is the only way to do this nor do I claim it is the best way, I just wanted to show others how I did this.

1) Remove the crank pulley.

2) Remove the timing cover.

3) Remove gasket material from the timing cover and the block.

4) Remove existing crank sensor wheel.

Here's a comparison between the existing and new crank sensor wheels.

5) Install the new crank sensor wheel. Notice one side is marked "Outside".

6) Apply new liquid gasket to the timing cover and reinstall.

7) Remove valve cover and, while holding exhaust camshaft in place with a wrench, remove the hexnut in the end (reverse thread) and remove the TDC wheel.

Here is a side by side of the existing and new TDC wheel.

8) Apply thread lock to the bolt and install the new wheel.

9) Remove existing crank sensor and install new sensor. (Sorry I don't have more pics of this but I didn't have an existing sensor to replace since this is a new build.)

Once the new valve cover is powdercoated I will post pic of the rest.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Great writeup!

If you want a paper copy, run to your neighborhood store, and grab a copy of Import Tuner, there is also a DIY for our car there in the current issue.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM

WOW very nice info right there man thanks much i am sure this will be very helpful to the other people who will look at this thread.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kirpich,Mar 11 2009, 09:12 PM
Great writeup!

If you want a paper copy, run to your neighborhood store, and grab a copy of Import Tuner, there is also a DIY for our car there in the current issue.
is it import tuner or modified mag? i tried searching for it. Which issue?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM

Ah, my bad, it's April 2009 Modified Magazine. The one with a gray Turbo NSX on the cover.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 AM

I am going to be installing kpro too. I agree that it is much easier to do all this with the motor out of the car. Its much easier on a engine stand.
All of these parts are the stock parts from 06+ dbw motor. Since I bought a 07 motor to put in my02 my install is going to be pretty straight forward. :-)
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Anybody else attempted this? I'm debating whether I want to do this myself with the motor in the car or just pay someone to do it. Downtime is not an issue for me so I can take my time. But, I have all the parts to do the conversion and that all together was a pretty good chunk of change and its making me a little sick to see it all piled into a pretty little pile on my table.

Comments and experience are very much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Kpro sensors install question.