S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Kodokan Slammed on Buddy Clubs - Tuning Advice Welcome!

Old 05-04-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Kodokan Slammed on Buddy Clubs - Tuning Advice Welcome!

Got a great price from AK1.

After they settle in, I'll have the car cornerweighted and aligned, then I can start tuning!

ANY TUNING ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

-Pete
Old 05-04-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As you're waiting for them to settle, have the dampening settings on the lowest/softest setting for them to "break-in". A week should be long enough for you to crank it up if you please. Also, when you're going to get it aligned and corner weighted, it would be a good idea to check the torque on the bolts to see if it changed. Thats all that I can think of for now, hope that helped. Beautiful Wheels, rubber, drop, and coil-overs

Johnny
Old 05-04-2004, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drooling.....
Old 05-04-2004, 09:32 PM

Is there a breaking period for coilovers? I just got myself a set of TEIN RS and they seem soft even at the hardest setting. Should I wait a few days for it to stiffen it up? Is that how most people break them in by setting them on the softest setting? Any input I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks guys
Old 05-04-2004, 10:47 PM
tru

whos ak1? me want buddy clubs too. how much did you pay for yours? pm please. thanks
Old 05-05-2004, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by tru
whos ak1? me want buddy clubs too. how much did you pay for yours? pm please. thanks
you can get them at bulletproof... really cheap! the only problem is the wait... so order now... and in about 3-4 months youll have them!

as for me... im glad i waited for mine... they're awesome! does anyone know how much an alignment costs?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:33 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by fly_S2K
As you're waiting for them to settle, have the dampening settings on the lowest/softest setting for them to "break-in". A week should be long enough for you to crank it up if you please. Also, when you're going to get it aligned and corner weighted, it would be a good idea to check the torque on the bolts to see if it changed. Thats all that I can think of for now, hope that helped. Beautiful Wheels, rubber, drop, and coil-overs

Johnny
Thakns!

They're set at 8F and 10R, and the ride is way too stiff. I'll soften them up until they settle in.

SEVNT4 has them and recommended 3F/6R for street.

I'm curious about the compression setting for the springs. The techs at AK1 set the spring perch height, but I would like to know where other Buddy Club owners have theirs.

Mine didn't come with instructions.

-Pete
Old 05-05-2004, 01:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kodokan_4
Thakns!

They're set at 8F and 10R, and the ride is way too stiff. I'll soften them up until they settle in.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:36 PM

FYI gang...I have the Cusco front and rear sway bars at 32mm front and 30 mm rear so your settings will differ if you have stock sway bars. I'm currently running 3/6 from softest but will adjust as needed for canyon/track. You should definitely adjust your settings as you see fit. I ran them at 9 front and 6 rear during a canyon run and the steering was razor sharp but it was too stiff for consistent street driving.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:43 PM

I also got a great price from AK1 for my coilovers. Initially I tried to install them myself using the stock bolt, but I noticed that it did not fit with the the welded nut on the BC coilovers. My opened box did not come with any instructions or additional bolts, so I thought maybe someone just removed them and all I needed was a set. Well I returned them to AK1 who refered me directly to BC USA who said they would get me a new set that was arriving in about a week from that time.

After about 3 weeks of waiting I called AK1 who said that they had just recently installed 3 sets of BC coilovers on s2k's and all they did was break off the welded nut and used one that fit the stock bolt. Okay I guess that would work too. So I eventually just picked up the BC CO that I originally returned and did the whole nut breaking thing.

Long story short, it didn't seem right for a set of BC coilovers made specifically for the s2k to have to be tampered with in that manner. Furthermore, I noticed that other S2k member's BC units look different from the one's I had picked up and the one's Kodakan has.

Kodakan's (and mine):

Seung's (notice no welded nut and longer base):

ideugene's (similar to Seung's):

anyways, just curious why the difference?

Quick Reply: Kodokan Slammed on Buddy Clubs - Tuning Advice Welcome!