S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Knob bulbs questions? my temp knob light isn't lighting up

Old 11-29-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Knob bulbs questions? my temp knob light isn't lighting up

Sup people, I hope you all had a enjoyable and fullfilling Thanksgiving.

Well, I had never paid any attention to the temperature knob until lately with the cold weather and messing with it lately during driving during the cold winter nights. I would like to replace the bulb and have it working right now, and was wondering where can I purchase the light bulb from?

Also I notice when turning on your headlights to drive at night, is the "push start" button supposed to turn on as well or not? Cause that is not lighting up for me as well along with the temp knob.

Any info would happily appreciated
Old 11-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/parts...heater-control

You can get the bulb at hondapartscheap.com. I always order from this site, it just takes a couple of days for the order to be processed. Above is the link to the parts that you need.

My engine start button does not light up. I searched the forums and others said theirs do. Here is a link. Part number 6. (Different website, both are good places to buy) http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...atcgry5=SWITCH
Old 11-29-2013, 08:33 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

replace them all at once! its expensive to buy the bulbs especially if you dont need them but taking the dash apart is not fun. If one is burnt out now, they will all start to go
Old 11-30-2013, 03:23 AM

Received 3,535 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
replace them all at once! its expensive to buy the bulbs especially if you dont need them but taking the dash apart is not fun. If one is burnt out now, they will all start to go
Yup I did this as well, I replaced every oem bulb in the dashboard when I had it apart, I think I had about 6 bulbs burned out, so I did them all. They are expensive and sometimes they can be back-ordered from Japan, so best to get them all at once IMO.

The start button is fully lit whenever the ignition is turned on, you don't have to have the lights turned on for the start button to illuminate. The bulb in the start button probably fails the most as it is lit up for longer periods of time compared to the other bulbs that only come on with lights. The bulb in the start button isn't too hard to replace and you can take it out without disturbing the dashboard.

I haven't looked at the temp knob button lately , but I believe the little white notch mark illuminates with the lights on, and the circular blue/red temperature markings around the knob lights up.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:25 AM

Received 1,338 Likes on 810 Posts

Start button is illuminated at all times, not just with the headlights on.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do u remove the start button without taking apart the dash? Mine isn't lighting up. R there led bulbs we can use as an upgrade?
Old 11-30-2013, 02:48 PM

Received 3,535 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by nos4you
How do u remove the start button without taking apart the dash? Mine isn't lighting up. R there led bulbs we can use as an upgrade?
Poke your head under-dash with a bright light, unplug the connector at the back of the start button assembly, then push it out from behind as it is just held in place with a spring fitment. The start button assembly is about 3 inches long, once it comes out the bulb is inside of it. Then reassemble in reverse.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Originally Posted by nos4you' timestamp='1385853313' post='22901530
Poke your head under-dash with a bright light, unplug the connector at the back of the start button assembly, then push it out from behind as it is just held in place with a spring fitment. The start button assembly is about 3 inches long, once it comes out the bulb is inside of it. Then reassemble in reverse.