S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Keyless (remote) entry

Old 04-28-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless (remote) entry

The 2 honda remote keyless entry devices will not unlock the car doors. The doors will lock, truck will open, horm will toot. Any clues to a fix?
Old 04-29-2014, 02:20 AM

Could be a disconnect between the plastic button and the circuit board. Pop it open (should just pry open) and see if there is any gunk or rust. I opened mine recently for the same reason and found some lunt gunk had managed itself between the button and the circuit.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by MRFero
Could be a disconnect between the plastic button and the circuit board. Pop it open (should just pry open) and see if there is any gunk or rust. I opened mine recently for the same reason and found some lunt gunk had managed itself between the button and the circuit.

Tried that, the same issue is with both remotes.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 AM

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

With two remotes having the same symptom, it's likely something in the car itself. And since there are two actuators, it's most likely that the control unit isn't getting a signal to those actuators to unlock the doors. Time to get in there with a voltage probe, I'm afraid.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:43 AM

My son just went through this with his two.
He reprogrammed the two remotes, and they worked, but the next day only one worked.
We took it to Honda, and they verified that one of the remotes was only working 25% of the time: time to buy a new one.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbrig
With two remotes having the same symptom, it's likely something in the car itself. And since there are two actuators, it's most likely that the control unit isn't getting a signal to those actuators to unlock the doors. Time to get in there with a voltage probe, I'm afraid.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 PM

check door, hood & trunk contact switches.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Drop the car off at my mechanic and guess what?.....It's a spring miracle....both remotes worked. He didn't do a thing! Hmmnnn?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cayne82
Drop the car off at my mechanic and guess what?.....It's a spring miracle....both remotes worked. He didn't do a thing! Hmmnnn?
No such thing exists......i feel it in the wind that your problem will resurface. Hopefully not at an inconvenient time. But the universe is often cruel.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cayne82
1. Got you beat; my son last August bought a car in Raleigh, an we drove it back to Indy 800 miles, and Vtec wasn't quite right. He drove it to work for a week till we could get it to Honda so they could check out a couple of things that were suggested and it didn't do it the day we took it, and has not been a problem since???
2. He didn't drive it all winter, so it'll be interesting to see if it comes back.

Quick Reply: Keyless (remote) entry