S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

K&N S2000 FIPK Installation

Old 05-26-2005 | 12:11 PM

Sounds good to me!! I ordered one yesterday from Crutchfield and should have it by tomorrow afternoon. Free Shipping $269.00 I was having a hard time finding it locally.
Old 10-16-2005 | 10:17 AM

I recently installed the K&N FIPK Generation II on my '03. Installation was pretty straighforward, no problems encountered. I got my kit on Ebay for around $230 + shipping.

What has improved over stock intake:

* Throttle response at low rpms

* Sound - a little more visceral and deep in normal driving, even more so during VTEC or when accelarating sharply. This is how the S2K should sound, IMO. It makes me tend to drive the car harder just because it sounds better But the sound is no louder during normal highway cruising, so it doesn't become annoying.

* A little more thrust (perceived by "butt dyno") especially with colder ambient temperatures.

I am considering adding reflective insulation to the intake tube and radiator, as some others have done, to see if this improves things further.

Dan
Old 10-16-2005 | 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zeniac,Jan 4 2005, 08:55 PM
Front View
With the FIPK now in place, I think the "radmat" can be eliminated. The rest of the insulation is great.
Old 11-13-2005 | 04:32 PM

I just installed this intake...It was a lot more involved then my Integra, that's for sure..After the install I took it out for a test drive...It sounds $$$$$$$$$$$....I drove it around for about 15 minutes, no problems...That was yesterday, and today I drove it 4 miles parked it, and drove it 5 hours later...Immediately I got a check engine light..What could this be??? I checked all the connections and they are fine. Why would all of a sudden I get a check engine light??? What are some of things that could be wrong.

Thanks,

jc
Old 11-15-2005 | 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Creed5150,Nov 13 2005, 08:32 PM
I just installed this intake...It was a lot more involved then my Integra, that's for sure..After the install I took it out for a test drive...It sounds $$$$$$$$$$$....I drove it around for about 15 minutes, no problems...That was yesterday, and today I drove it 4 miles parked it, and drove it 5 hours later...Immediately I got a check engine light..What could this be??? I checked all the connections and they are fine. Why would all of a sudden I get a check engine light??? What are some of things that could be wrong.

Thanks,

jc
sure you didn't get the air charger version? I don't think that one was carb certified.
Old 11-15-2005 | 03:17 PM

One of the little rubber hoses from the intake to the throttle body/that part of the car might have come off, that happened when i put my intake on
Old 11-16-2005 | 09:18 PM

No, I got the CARB certified one...I fixed it after searching on S2Ki and found the correct install of the vacuum lines...I didn't even have them hooked up to the lower canister..After I hooked it all up properly and reset the ECU I was good to go..I love this intake...This car screams at from 6-9000..
Old 11-19-2005 | 12:17 PM

Dumb question for you guys... I just put in my FIPK, and it works better than expected. One small thing is that I used to be able to drop close my hood... now I have to push close it since the rubber on the fipk heatshield is not letting the hood drop close properly (I just figured this was a good thing since then I'm sure that corner is nicely sealed from the hot engine area). Should I be worried? or am I good to go just push closing her =). Thanks.

-Anthony
Old 11-20-2005 | 02:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Don't push on the hood! Push down a bit on the FIPK heat shield assembly (right rear) a little at a time. The mounts bend easily so don't push too hard. You'll eventually get it to fit perfectly. Make sure the weatherstripping isn't too "peaked" at the right rear corner of the heatshield as well. That corner can dig in to the hood insulation. Great intake!
HTH!
Old 11-21-2005 | 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by frank b,Nov 20 2005, 06:43 PM
Don't push on the hood! Push down a bit on the FIPK heat shield assembly (right rear) a little at a time. The mounts bend easily so don't push too hard. You'll eventually get it to fit perfectly. Make sure the weatherstripping isn't too "peaked" at the right rear corner of the heatshield as well. That corner can dig in to the hood insulation. Great intake!
HTH!
My installation looks almost identical to the picture shown on this thread. The only exception is that my horn isn't in that location so I didn't have to remove it to install the filter. Sure it is ok to go bending the mounts? I did notice when I opened the hood again that the rear right corner rubber part was more creased than the rest... guessing from it rubbing on the buttom of the hood.

on a side note... I found one of the directions on the K&N provided sheet to be wrong... I had to swap the short and long rubber tubing to make it so I can tie down the longer rubber tube to the intake tube.

Quick Reply: K&N S2000 FIPK Installation