S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Just installed Type RA Tein coilovers

Old 01-10-2002, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cthree, is that how much they roughly retail for in the states? I think the US Tein distributor is located in California.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:50 AM

i have a question about the tein coilovers. if i'm taking the rear's out and i loosened the 2 bolts on top and the one on the rear, is there another bolt i'm supposed to loosen to take the coilover out?? the tein suspension is stuck in there becuz the arm that holds the disc brake is pushing upwards and won't let the suspension out. is there another bolt to loosen so the arm that's holding the disc brake isn't pushing upwards??? i'm also jacking up each side separately. am i supposed to have both sides jacked up equally?? is that effecting it?

also, i'm going to be selling the tein type ra coilovers after i get them out if neone wants to buy them. unfortunately i'm getting rid of my s2000 and am turning it in to the lease. ne help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 01-20-2002, 03:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mr shay
[B]i have a question about the tein coilovers.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:32 AM

It's helpful if you have 2 people! My first time took a little playing around with for the rears, but all i did was...

-Remove the lower shock bolt (may require a hammer and punch or screwdriver to knock out this shock bolt)
-Remove the (2) upper mount bolts (in the trunk-by the spare tire)
-Grab a hold of the shock, near the bottom and pull out towards you.

For the front same thing...

-Lower shock bolt
-Upper mount bolts (2) (under the hood)
-Upper control arm bolts (2) (BEWARE!!! DON'T OVER STRETCH THE "ABS SENSOR" AND THE "BRAKE LINE") Again 2 people would be helpful!
Old 01-20-2002, 08:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by XTC at 9K
[B]It's helpful if you have 2 people!
Old 01-20-2002, 02:10 PM

mr shay, sorry for responding so late, but it looks like you've probably got the answer to your question. Sorry to hear that you are turning in your s2k. How did you find the RA's? Did they improve the handling? Any recommended settings for the shocks? How low in the height did you go? I recently installed them and haven't had a chance to test them out yet with the crappy weather we're getting up here.

Thanks,

Jim.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:37 PM

actually the problem was jacking the car up on each side instead of jacking up both sides. the tein instructions have the car tilted as if jacked up only on one side. u can't take the suspension off if ur only jacked up on one side. and since i couldn't get the jack to fit under the middle cuz the car was too low. the car was lowered about the same as ur car jcheung. roughly a couple of inches....the wheels were almost tuck. ne lower and the car would camber too much.....my tires were already wearing unevenly although not bad at all. i felt the performance was much much better in handling and the ride wasn't too bumpy. i believe i had the softest settings. now that the suspension is off it feels more like a boat and i feel like i'm in an suv...but that's becuz initially it's a huge diff. my stock springs r so new they haven't really settled too cuz i changed the suspension when i practically got the car. i'm almost positive u'll luv them jcheung!! thanks for all the help!!

if u know of neone interested in the ra's please lemme know!! i'm gonna be getting rid of them unless they come out with the type s s2k from japan....then i might have to get that one!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 09:22 AM

Awesome, thanks alot for the info.

If I know anyone who is looking to get a set of RA's I'll let you know. Incidently how old are they? and how much would you get rid of them for? Just in case if they ask.

Cheers
Old 01-21-2002, 09:28 AM

I pmed him and he said he paid around $2500.....and u paid around $2100? Anyways, I think he wants too much.....
Old 01-21-2002, 06:51 PM

I guess I got really lucky with the prices.

Quick Reply: Just installed Type RA Tein coilovers