S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Just had my first issue (minor) with the Vortech S/C.

Old 09-30-2003, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope so, but like others have posted, thank you for the "heads up". I will just plan on it when the time comes. On another note, after buying a Comptech Carbon filter box, elbow and attatchments, I discovered that it WILL NOT fit the Vortech. Duh. I just dont like the way the Vortech unit uses a tiny filter and jams in into a corner...I have always been a believer that for filters, "bigger is better". If I can manipulate the housing and make it work, I will share photos as I think it can be done, with a little work and a lot of patience...
Old 12-04-2004, 02:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HardtuTame,Sep 30 2003, 06:59 AM
In my case the leaks literally covered my crossmember. Getting all the way back to the rear part of the car because of the wind when you drive.
The exact same thing is happening to me right now. I have a feeling my shop didn't use the tape when they reassembled the blower and oil feed lines.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:07 AM

Does this has happened to any of the comptech setups???
Old 12-09-2004, 01:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K@PR,Dec 9 2004, 01:07 PM
Does this has happened to any of the comptech setups???
Not exactly the same but they have been known to leak from the VTEC solenoid bracket "sandwich". The kit comes with an additional VTEC gasket (with filter screen) and a groove that the gasket lays in. There were some sandwich blocks that had a badly machined groove and caused the gasket to get extruded and deformed, leading to an eventual oil leak. The fix involved the replacement of the sandwich block with a properly machined groove.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I see that this topic resurfaced about a year later. One more thing that I guess it is worth paying attention to. The bottom plate that bolts up to the timing chain case with 2 long threaded rods. Make sure that you put hondabond or whatever you use in the 2 holes that these rods go into. The holes must be sealed with it. Else this will seep oil out. I had only put a light amount of hondabond in those holes. So for the longest time I was seeing a small drop of oil hanging on to the bottom plate so i thought it was coming from up top from the s/c housing or the fittings at the feedline. But no, it was dry, put yet the bottom plate was wet, I couldnt figure it out until one day I sat under the car running it at about 3,000 rmp's and watching as little bubbles were showing up between the bottom plate and the main support joint. Why would bubbles show up? Well I could only attribute it to crankcase pressure and sure enough that was exactly it. Pressure forcing oil out the 2 threaded holes that I didnt totally seal.

this is FYI
Old 12-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor

what is Honda Bond looks like?? any part #?
is there any subsititue bond I can use??
Old 12-10-2004, 05:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Dec 9 2004, 07:53 PM
One more thing that I guess it is worth paying attention to. The bottom plate that bolts up to the timing chain case with 2 long threaded rods. Make sure that you put hondabond or whatever you use in the 2 holes that these rods go into. The holes must be sealed with it. Else this will seep oil out.
Thank you very much for pointing this out.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:40 AM

Yes I too want to thank everyone as I am getting ready to install my Vortech. Does anyone have any comments about the change in the kit with the 2004 year? I am planning on going with the Aem EMS right from the start so I will plug the extra injector mount on the after cooler, but the idea of using it as a nitrus port has infected my thinking.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Dec 9 2004, 05:53 PM
Make sure that you put hondabond or whatever you use in the 2 holes that these rods go into.
Step "7C" on page 11 of the Vortech installation manual makes reference to using Blue Locktite for this. I believe this will suffice and will serve the same purpose. That's what I did and it has never leaked from there.

Good point none the less.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm im gonna read up on that.
Im not sure locktite will actually stop a leak like that. but now as im typing its coming to me. Yes i believe it does make a reference to that and I believe if I remember correctly I put loctite on there, but apparently the loctite is not sufficient.

Quick Reply: Just had my first issue (minor) with the Vortech S/C.