S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

just had the buzzing tsb done and the clutch, now pedal feels funny? help

Old 04-16-2004, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just had the buzzing tsb done and the clutch, now pedal feels funny? help

just had the tsb done for the decelleration and buzzing on my 2001. the pedal felt spongy when depressing and the clutch seemed to take at a much lower position than before.

I saw the clutch fluid looked like crap so i flushed the system using a mighty vac device but it feels about the same

Was this a problem with the install or should i expect this, It almost feels as if the clutch engages within an inch of lifting off of the floor.

any help much appreciated.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It appears that the normal clutch pedal travel is not fully disengaging the clutch. There could be something not quite right with the installation during your clutch job. Perhaps the release fork was not repositioned properly at the end. Maybe a slightly out of spec throw out bearing or pressure plate was used.
It could still be that the clutch fluid got air into it during the job and even though you've bled it, you may not have bled it well enough. Sometimes, the following will help although there is no guarantee it will in your case: Pump the clutch pedal rapidly with your foot but ONLY the top couple of inches. This "can" help to pump more fluid between the master piston and the slave piston and help to dissipate some air if it is near the master.
If this doesn't work, you can try to adjust the clutch pedal rod that pushes on the master cylinder plunger. Get down under the dash and find the rod near the firewall. Undo the lock nut and carefully rotate the rod with your fingers BUT take note of the direction that you are turning it and the amount you turn it. You are trying to extend the length of the rod and push more on the piston. Try one full turn, tighten the lock nut and go test it. This will tell you if you turned it in the right direction and if you need to turn it more. If you turned it in the wrong direction, you will notice the shifter harder to get into gear. DON'T FORCE IT! Go back under and undo what you have done and go in the opposite direction.