S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Just completed a valve adjustment -Video added

Old 11-24-2014, 08:36 AM

Received 487 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Stunn-3-r
Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101' timestamp='1416838801' post='23416128
Can't hurt to check. The tools to do a valve adjustment are cheap, how long ago since the last one? Ap1, Ap2?

Just as an update, Rikhemi's car was fixed last week. Went .009" on intake and .011" on exhaust. One intake was at .012" and another exhaust was .014", we adjusted those and so far so good.

You are not be trusted. I would not let you touch my car with a 10ft pole and would suggest all S2ki member do the same. Any information you provide should be considered worthless and be takes less then a grain of salt.

You have lost all credibility on this board among the S2000 community. Have a wonderful day.
Have we met, do I know you, do you know me? It seems like you have a personal grudge against me. I don't claim to know everything there is to know about these cars, never have, never will. I'm only trying to help people the best I can, and if I'm wrong and someone corrects me so be it. If I make a mistake I will take responsibility for it and try to fix it to the best of my ability regardless of what it costs me, simply as a matter of personal pride(a rare trait amongst most people). You seem intent on repeating yourself ad-nauseum about my credibility, as if it would ever matter to you. I live on the other side of the country from you so don't worry I will never touch your car, nor would I ever want to. If you don't know me, it's pretty arrogant of you to assume anything about me from a few internet posts.

Predictably, you will reply "something something, no credibility, blah blah, not to be trusted, blah blah, good day."
Old 11-24-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't hurt to check. The tools to do a valve adjustment are cheap, how long ago since the last one? Ap1, Ap2?

Just as an update, Rikhemi's car was fixed last week. Went .009" on intake and .011" on exhaust. One intake was at .012" and another exhaust was .014", we adjusted those and so far so good.

You are not be trusted. I would not let you touch my car with a 10ft pole and would suggest all S2ki member do the same. Any information you provide should be considered worthless and be takes less then a grain of salt.

You have lost all credibility on this board among the S2000 community. Have a wonderful day.
No offense, but even if you have a personal example of something Slowcrash_101 has had a direct involvement with something to do with your own car your comment is ridiculously swamped with childish behavior and quite frankly without your providing ANY information as to why you would say that... If I had to choose right now I would probably side with Slowcrash_101.

So why don't you have a wonderful day yourself, mate.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkelley
Originally Posted by Stunn-3-r' timestamp='1416848980' post='23416332
[quote name='Slowcrash_101' timestamp='1416838801' post='23416128']

No offense, but even if you have a personal example of something Slowcrash_101 has had a direct involvement with something to do with your own car your comment is ridiculously swamped with childish behavior and quite frankly without your providing ANY information as to why you would say that... If I had to choose right now I would probably side with Slowcrash_101.

So why don't you have a wonderful day yourself, mate.
[/quote]

If your so confident in his skills and knowledge then let him do a valve adjustment on your car. I bet instead of not tightening the valves enough this time it drops and gets smacked around by a piston. Then after he is done costing you a few grand on a rebuild have him install some Spoon Ridged Collars like in the post below.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/110...rigid-collars/

In this post he claims to know what he is talking about until he is schooled by a professional. After your Spoon Ridged Collars are installed by Slowcrash I bet we see your car skidding of it's sub frame into heavy oncoming traffic. This time his skills will cost you more then an engine, but maybe your life.

Now do you understand why Slowcrash opinions and skills are worth dirt? Have a wonderful day.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Received 487 Likes on 398 Posts

I don't think you understand how or what a valve adjustment entails. What you're adjusting is the clearance between the rocker arms and the valve stem tip. A loose clearance will NEVER cause a valve to drop into the cylinder, or bend a valve, the worst that can happen is you get a misfire or you lose some performance because the valve doesn't open all the way. I'd be more worried about too little clearance because then your valves have the possibility of not fully closing causing the valve face to burn up, or in extreme instances, bent valves.

I've done three clutch jobs, including my own, I admit I've never installed rigid collars. When doing the clutch jobs I disconnect the steering joint with the rubber boot on it, and prior to disconnecting, I turn the wheel with the ignition off until it locks to help me line up during re-assembly, as well as using white-out between the two joints. So sue me that I got the two confused from a drawing.

What I don't understand is, ok you drop the two center bolts, then lower the frame, don't you have to take out the bolts one at a time to fit the collars? Apparently it's "unnecessary and impossible to do it this way" so how do you get the collars into position? I know they have half-circle collars available which would make fitment a lot easier, and you wouldn't have to remove the bolts at all, but the spoon ones are full circle so they won't slip over the bolts unless you remove them from the sub frame. Again I just want clarification.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:07 AM

If your so confident in his skills and knowledge then let him do a valve adjustment on your car. I bet instead of not tightening the valves enough this time it drops and gets smacked around by a piston. Then after he is done costing you a few grand on a rebuild have him install some Spoon Ridged Collars like in the post below.

https://www.s2ki.com/...-rigid-collars/

In this post he claims to know what he is talking about until he is schooled by a professional. After your Spoon Ridged Collars are installed by Slowcrash I bet we see your car skidding of it's sub frame into heavy oncoming traffic. This time his skills will cost you more then an engine, but maybe your life.

Now do you understand why Slowcrash opinions and skills are worth dirt? Have a wonderful day.
Lol, are you 12 years old or something? Did I say I was "confident in his skills and knowledge?" No. I don't even know the guy.
And I'm not going to bother reading that thread.
Just because someone is wrong on something, doesn't mean their opinions are worth dirt. People who blatantly, unintelligently, and accusitorily lash out at others - their opinions are worth dirt.
Btw, most of the people on here aren't in your class of intellect - so your "have a wonderful day" at the end of your comments that are intended to just light a fire is a fairly obvious tactic

Slowcrash has never said he was a professional. He just tries to help. If you don't want him to touch your car then that's your business - go drop your car off at Honda (lol).
Old 11-24-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I would rather have a forum full of helpful members like Slowcrash, who like every single person on this forum are not always right, than have trash like yourself on here that bring absolutely nothing positive to the community.

So to you sir, have a good day
Old 11-24-2014, 02:33 PM

^Man you guys are too polite. Why the slam then "good day sir". Were adults I think? Just call him a dick like you want.

Anyway, please don't ban me for saying dick. I am always on thin ice here.

We are talking valve adjustments jeezz. Sc took time out of his day to help.

Seems to me the issue was caught and resolved. Practice makes perfect and someone now knows how to set valve clearances. Its a good thing.

Man maybe I should have said penis. There is nothing wrong with the name Dick I apologize.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:28 PM

First time I did a valve adjustment on my old honda it was ticking pretty bad when I fired it up. Those take practice. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Slowcrash is a good guy. Came back and correxted the issue. This guy bashing him is a troll.