S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

JE pistons called for the test results.

Old 11-26-2003, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out what caused my engine failure. Mike Simons machine shop didnt check the specs on the head. When Mike Simon put my engine together he never checked it either. So the valves crashed against the pistons causing deformation in the piston rings and warping the pistons themselves. They told me that i need everything brand new. I have tried to call Mike Simon 4 diferent times but he screens the calls and doesnt answer. Oh well, this will be my fourth engine. I gave up calling Mike Simon And by the way the car was properly tunned, that is what Mike Simon blamed it on...
Old 11-26-2003, 02:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 11-26-2003, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Hobbyholic
I just found out what caused my engine failure. Mike Simons machine shop didnt check the specs on the head. When Mike Simon put my engine together he never checked it either. So the valves crashed against the pistons causing deformation in the piston rings and warping the pistons themselves. They told me that i need everything brand new. I have tried to call Mike Simon 4 diferent times but he screens the calls and doesnt answer. Oh well, this will be my fourth engine. I gave up calling Mike Simon And by the way the car was properly tunned, that is what Mike Simon blamed it on...

You have no luck brother. Screw everyone and return to N/A or get a vortech SC or sell the car.

Chris C.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:24 PM

Well you are right about my luck and I need to fix the car in order for me to sell it..But when people are purposely misleading me and lying, I cant get far..
Old 11-27-2003, 05:50 AM

this mike simons guy seems shady, thats bad business ethics.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:04 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally posted by RazorV3
this mike simons guy seems shady, thats bad business ethics.
Who built the head and who assembled the engine? Did Mike build the entire engine? Give us the entire story.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:04 AM

Yes Mike Simon built it all. I am not trying to give him a bad name. He has built some succesful cars. But he has no customer service, and I wish they would have tested my parts and none of this would have happened. Custom builders should always check the parts before assembly. Anyways they tried..
Old 11-27-2003, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Hobbyholic
Yes Mike Simon built it all. I am not trying to give him a bad name. He has built some succesful cars. But he has no customer service, and I wish they would have tested my parts and none of this would have happened. Custom builders should always check the parts before assembly. Anyways they tried..
Man, that sux to hear that with your luck on your s2k!!! I have all my work done @ www.p1auto.com. I have had them install cams, lightweight flywheel, clutch, valve springs, stand alone... and the list goes on. But I must say they are by far the most professional shop I've ever heard of or seen. They both have masters in enginering and Jack (half owner) WON THE EAST COAST HONDA CHALLENGE LAST YEAR!!! I can garuantee you if you call and talk to these people you will uynderstand why I do so much buisness with them. Anyways goodluck with your s2k ~nate

*** Also if you go to the site my dyno plot posted in the "project cars" link***
Old 11-27-2003, 02:38 PM

Oh yeah this guys look like they know there stuff. Good luck with your mods..
Old 11-27-2003, 07:39 PM

Quick Reply: JE pistons called for the test results.