S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

J's racing f22C

Old 02-12-2005, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd invest in that engine if I was a big time tracker.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AusS2000' date='Feb 12 2005, 02:35 AM
LOL, that's hilarious. He didn't get personal, but you did in the very same sentence!

I guess it's no surprise that the biggest JDM zealots are the same people who can't put a reasonable argument together.
I agree with you. He definately (Veilside) made it personal with his statement for no reason towards Kane. Calm down there good Buddy

As far as JDM zealots, being one myself I really found no offense in his statement. But if I had the extra cash laying around, yeah; I'd but the crate motor. In a second

I just talked to my guy who deals directly with J's (sends S2000's to J's for them to build for their circuit cars and has a fully built Integra from J's, yadda, yadda,....yadda). And no I'm not saying that as any kind of bragging right as many of you might find that statement corny. Just using it for credibility. He simply mentioned the blueprinting and balancing but said J's wouldn't release what it is exactly that they do to their crate motors.

Happy arguing,
Chris
Old 02-12-2005, 08:51 AM

turbo is nice......NA IS BEST!!!!!

Jay
Old 02-12-2005, 09:40 AM

I'm not about to go and waste this thread pointing out specifically why his statement was personal, but I know he knows, wether hes going to admit it or not, no skin off my back, I said what I said, and if no one else notices or remembers, ah well, I don't particularly care... as for being a JDM Zealot, well, maybe I am... but it just follows the rationale that, personally, I wouldn't have strapped anything Japanese to my Saleen when I had it, just like I don't want to put anything american on my car now... You want a true arguement? PM me and I'll get all into it, but like I said, I'm not here to waste anyones time... I also used to support this site, and I let my membership lapse, and this is for personal reasons and convictions. If anyone seriously (god I hope he was joking) takes a gold members word over any of the "guests" here, I'm sorry that your inclination is based solely on who wants to spend 50bucks... [/rant]
Old 02-12-2005, 12:54 PM

You loose your job or g/f break up with you? I dont see what the hell you're raving on and on about. I didn't say anything to you so get off my back. Maybe you need a hug or something so here
::e-hug::
Old 02-12-2005, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by AJ PwR' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:15 PM
I think the reason that JDM brand engine cost so much more is related to their living standards. Japanese shop rates are like $100-$150 per hour so for example, doing a port & polish job for the cylinder head may take 40hr for them to do it This doesnt mean they don't know to use a faster way but they prefer the slower way instead. Also, because the Japanese cares about precision which means "TIME" which will take them forever to do something so everything ended up costing so much.
not really true..

I had my car modified by both Honda (Verno) for fitting Mugen parts and by J's Racing for his parts...and in both cases the labour charges were minimal for what they did.. maybe they are just making the money on the parts...but even with those I could get discount.

Overall it was much cheaper to run and modify my car in Japan..than in Europe where I am now.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by VR WHAT' date='Feb 12 2005, 11:41 AM
I agree with you. He definately (Veilside) made it personal with his statement for no reason towards Kane. Calm down there good Buddy

As far as JDM zealots, being one myself I really found no offense in his statement. But if I had the extra cash laying around, yeah; I'd but the crate motor. In a second

I just talked to my guy who deals directly with J's (sends S2000's to J's for them to build for their circuit cars and has a fully built Integra from J's, yadda, yadda,....yadda). And no I'm not saying that as any kind of bragging right as many of you might find that statement corny. Just using it for credibility. He simply mentioned the blueprinting and balancing but said J's wouldn't release what it is exactly that they do to their crate motors.

Happy arguing,
Chris
they wont say exactly what they do to the engine? So you end up with a engine that you know nothing about that is why i would not buy that kinda motor not the price
Old 02-13-2005, 01:12 AM

Old 02-13-2005, 02:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's my take. It doesn't matter to me two hoots why a JDM engine costs more. Perhaps it because their cost of living is higher, perhaps they need to aintain a habit of eating raw fish from the loins of a geisha girl, I don't know.

As for quality, we're talking about a race and culture known for it's precision and perfectionism. I don't care if they hone an inlet manifold with 80 grade wet and dry paper. If it's good, it's good.

But at the end of the day I know that there are some highly skilled artisans in the US and Aus markets that can do as good a job. And if at the end of the day I get the same result, pay less, and support local business I'll go with it everytime. A blue rocker cover and ridiculous brand name (in the case of Spoon or Amuse) means absolutely nothing to me.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:12 AM

Didn't you know that blue dissipates heat faster than red

Quick Reply: J's racing f22C