S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

J's racing f22C

Old 02-11-2005, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kane.s2k' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:10 PM
I've seen two japanese companies and their crate motors; total of 3 crate engines. I wont start naming them because people who worship anything JDM are gonna start going off. I have seen them and I can actually tell the difference between them (which is pretty much nothing). I know you're probably still thinking i'm BSing so have fun I wouldn't buy a stock motor with a different valve cover and think it's gonna give me 50hp cause it's a different valve cover
Yeah, leave it to a prick like you to try and make things personal... Big man you are... How hard would it be for you to try and not be a dick for one day? I bet you couldn't do it, but that's beside the point... as far as what you claim to have seen, I'm still calling BS... You may be able to feed that crap to members who don't know any better, but alot of us know your full of it... to you buddy!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:19 PM

What the heck are you talking about getting personal? Where in that whole post am I making anything personal towards you? Obviously someone has some issues...

If I was feeding crap I woulda gave the company names and probably stirred up a bunch of feelings from the devoted believers. There's also the fact that one person is someone you all know on here and I dont wanna say anything about what he's got.

Full of gas ya...I haven't really eaten since breakfast yesterday and i'm having cup noodles
Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jaydem' date='Feb 10 2005, 12:08 PM

All engines (long block) has been balanced, blueprinted with ported and polished head by well expierenced J's Racing mechanic to assure precision & reliability. The 2.0L version is based on the specification of N1 race regulation which J's Racing has been using in Super Taikyu race series. 2.2L version has 200cc more in displacement and J's Racing dynoed their 2.2L engine with other J's Racing components and the engine made 300hp30kgm.

MFN badass!
Old 02-11-2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1AP12NV' date='Feb 10 2005, 03:47 PM
Ugh, I really get tired of reading these kinds of "why would you spend so much for XX N/A parts when they don't make as much power as an FI setup" posts. (no offense to you personally, there are tons of them made every day)

The reason is this:

Not every product on the market is designed for and marketed to regular joe on the street consumers. The company is called J's RACING, not J's Trickedout Street Rods.

Let me paint you a picture....

Lets say you want to field a race car but want to outsource the actual building of the motor. Lets say that the race series you are running does not allow FI power adders. Then wouldn't the logical choice for your race team be to spend boku $$ (perhaps if you don't have the engine building expertise of your own) for a maxed out high horsepower N/A crate engine from a company like J's, Spoon, Toda, etc? Wouldn't you want the fastest N/A engine you could buy/build that met the limitations placed on your class?

Saying "the J's motor is overpriced for what you get" is like saying that the mega cash you'd have to lay out for the brakes from an F1 car is too expensive for what you get. Of course its too expensive, because it was never meant for that application. Many of these products were never designed with the intention of your average consumer buying them and dumping them into their daily driver.

Sorry for the rant, just irritates me when people knock the price of race-bred products because they're more expensive then products that are meant for the street
Oh, and
Old 02-11-2005, 05:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VeilsideAP1' date='Feb 12 2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah, leave it to a prick like you to try and make things personal...
LOL, that's hilarious. He didn't get personal, but you did in the very same sentence!

I guess it's no surprise that the biggest JDM zealots are the same people who can't put a reasonable argument together.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by kane.s2k' date='Feb 11 2005, 02:10 PM
I've seen two japanese companies and their crate motors; total of 3 crate engines. I wont start naming them because people who worship anything JDM are gonna start going off. I have seen them and I can actually tell the difference between them (which is pretty much nothing). I know you're probably still thinking i'm BSing so have fun I wouldn't buy a stock motor with a different valve cover and think it's gonna give me 50hp cause it's a different valve cover
No offence ! We all worship JDM, that's why we bought an S2000.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:33 PM

damn man...i sir would agree with UL and talk to Alainz...have u guys seen the work that can be done???

they have an s2k specific page...damn man...if i had mad cash like some of you guys on this board...i would get their "Street Master Engine Package," done to the the 2.2L AP2 engine...

http://www.alaniztechnologies.com/f20c1parts.html
Old 02-11-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll trust a gold member's opinion over a guest's any day.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nobody' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:29 PM
I'll trust a gold member's opinion over a guest's any day.
You're not really THAT stupid, are you? Your only criteria for believing someone over another is that one person contributed financially to this site while the other didn't?
Old 02-12-2005, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by ol' dood' date='Feb 12 2005, 07:30 AM
You're not really THAT stupid, are you? Your only criteria for believing someone over another is that one person contributed financially to this site while the other didn't?
I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic

BTW, I didnt say dont believe whatever you read off the JDM company publishings. Just take it with a grain of salt like you would from anyone or anywhere in this market. There are companies out there that I definately wouldn't mind buying/have bought parts from. A crate engine on the other hand I'll probably pass on since i'm sure most of the time it's just a stock block with really no tweaking done except maybe running different clearance on the bearings to something more race efficient but honestly no real edge over loose OEM clearances. It's the supporting mods that are sometimes included that give the actual gains.

Some people spend $40k on a "race" package motor only to get wiped out to a factory engine with about $2000 in mods and even have the engines last longer than the built crate engine.

Nothing wrong with JDM unless you're so caught up on it that you fail to realize how over-priced a lot of stuff is compared to the actual functionality of them or gain from them. Especially when people deny better products that come from here in the states or else where because a japanese company will be selling almost the same product no matter the difference in actual performance.

Look at all the posts from people saying "nice" and etc. All they see is a blue valve cover and they read it's made by J's. If someone had an Alaniz motor with 0 details do you think anyone would even care or even think it's making power? No, people would wanna see dyno's and actual proof. Not just what might have been spit out by Joe. It's just strategic marketing by all the companies that import items and sell it to here in the states and the magazines that make money off them. Glorifying a product that's not even decent.

Quick Reply: J's racing f22C