S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

J's racing f22C

Old 02-10-2005, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UL: Whats the highest you have dynoed an all motor F20C? 285whp n/a? I'll take that over a supercharger any day.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1AP12NV' date='Feb 11 2005, 07:47 AM
Ugh, I really get tired of reading these kinds of "why would you spend so much for XX N/A parts when they don't make as much power as an FI setup" posts.
Fair enough. J's make them because people will buy them.

That said, a lot of people will buy this or a Spoon crate motor over an Alaniz job simply because it's 'jay-dee-emmm'. They will use all sorts of rationale like the engineers trained under 300 year old Master Yube-Zu-Minin at Spoon Monastery in the mist shrouded peaks of Mount No-Rice but at the end of the day they will pay gobs loads of yen for a blue rocker cover when they couldhave supported a local business.

Didn't you say the homologated race series was for 2L? So what is the 2.2 for?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by ultimate lurker' date='Feb 10 2005, 03:32 PM
Not really much of an accomplishment on the F22.

If you're willing to invest in an intake, header, exhaust and AEM EMS, you can put out around 285 hp and 190 lbs-ft to the flywheel on pump gas. Yes, we've already got F22s running around that put down as much whp as 350Zs with those mods.

The extra 15 hp just takes a few extra (but somewhat expensive) internal tweaks. God help us if the Toda Spec B/C work as advertised.

UL

p.s. - don't ask me how I know, but with those mods, it actually becomes fun to mess with other cars off stoplights. Bring the revs up to about 4000 rpm, slight clutch slip and you are gone. 0-60 in 5.2 seconds with a shift to 3rd to get there....
That sounds like fun!
I wonder which intake, header and exhaust can make this kind of power on the F22?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not out to win any NA hp:liter engineering contests--bang for the buck is my priority. When you lose on the street or track and you are NA you've still lost. Now if you're NA and you beat someone who's FI then you and your depleted banking account have something to talk about.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:52 PM

I don't understand why everyone hates on people who spend more money to build NA cars. Everyone knows that NA horsepower is more expensive than FI horsepower, but why does everyone with an NA set up get bashed for plunking down lots of money? There are a lot of people on this forum that have Mugen "this" and Spoon "that" and let's not get forget about the Amuse fanatics. What do all these parts have in common? They cost a lot of money but no one slams them for spending $5,000 on a Mugen HT, which buy the way could have bought them a nice FI setup. My point is if you want to argue NA vs. FI then that's cool. It's one of my favorite debates among gear heads, but can we leave the most obvious point out of the argument and try to be a little more constructive?

But... just out of curiosity, how much is that motor?
Old 02-10-2005, 06:58 PM

like they say, if you have to ask how much it costs, you probably cant afford it..
Old 02-10-2005, 07:13 PM

In that case 'they' are elitist pigs.

Hang on, I retract that. I guess what 'they' are saying is that if you feel you have to get value in return for your money then this isn't the product for you. And I for one agree.

Heck, I'm such an elitist pig!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:28 PM

hehe. NA will always rule. forced is best for HP, of course, but if youve ever been just casually walking down the street, and not in your car, and your just chatting with your girl or whetever, and reality comes back to you, you hear either an s2k, or lets say a nasty B series, like a JUN motor, it turns the corner downtown, and your just off the sidewalk, maybe entering a store... you hear the guy bring it up smooth kinda quick, and you know whats comin, brrr rrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BAAAAAAA BAA BAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Nnn BAAAAAHHHHH that chiseling metal sound of monster VTEC hits you and you just smile as the guy rips 10k RPM down the street then lets off. you know youve just heard a near 300 hp NA 4 cylinder. man that sound is like no other, and respect is to be had then. he may get beat by the nearest turbo car, but he has way more fun listening to his cams come on every time he drives the car.
this is THE reason why i will prob end up with BIG nitrous on my car. i can have NA all day while i drive, and then crack the bottle and have more torque than any forced application currently around. this is how nitrous addicts people. jekyl and hyde.
anyways take it easy all. dave
Old 02-10-2005, 08:07 PM

LOL, have you ever considered a career writing romance novels for ricers?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1AP12NV' date='Feb 10 2005, 01:47 PM
Sorry for the rant, just irritates me when people knock the price of race-bred products because they're more expensive then products that are meant for the street

I hear ya brotha. Some race catagories have restrictions on what you can and can't modify on your car.

Racing is all about money. Thats the way it has always been. The more money you have, the faster you go.

Quick Reply: J's racing f22C