S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Jackson , comptech, or vortech.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackson , comptech, or vortech.

Which one would you go with. I need some info please. everyone tells me Jackson or comptech
Old 10-02-2003, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please stop the Madness!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:57 AM

I don't care about madness i want POWER. Can you give me some info or what....
Old 10-02-2003, 09:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

1st, Jackson do not make a "kit" for the S2000. You would give them a big bag of money and they will send you some components which you will have to make work.
Comptech is much more expensive than Vortech and even more expensive with the optional intercooler. It is easier to install and if done at an authorized dealer, will maintain some sort of warranty. It has been around for since the S2000 first arrived. Is this worth the extra 2 grand?
Vortech comes standard with the intercooler but is a little more complex to install. I think Vortech is now the leader in sales of S/C's for the S2000.
If POWER is THAT important to you, you bought the wrong car. It ain't easy with this one.
As for the rest, try the search and read up all the stuff in the archives. Then you'll know the reason behind "Stop the madness!"
Old 10-02-2003, 09:21 AM

No buddy... if knowing i can eat-up most 6-cylinder cars (excluding bmw and some other high end models on the road) and the only way for most 4-cylinder cars to even compete with me would need to have some serious mods. Then i totaly feel i got plenty of power for running stock on a 4-cylinder engine... Thanks for your imput. As far as the Jackson. I've seen it on a yellow s2k... You could be right though, about making it work, but i doubt it cause these guys are serious street racers...
Old 10-02-2003, 09:24 AM

I think you should consider UpDog.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by Jo-v As far as the Jackson. I've seen it on a yellow s2k...
I've "seen" turbos, too. I think this will be your best route. Simple, cheap, easy, nobody will be able to touch ya!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:17 AM

Yeah right cheap???? I don't think so.... Plus turbos to risky... Don't want to kill my engine. Even if i were to get into changing pistons and rods , stand alone and that other crap. It's a little to much for the engine and to much for my pockets. Anyway i'm leaning more towards Comptech. Not becacuse of increased power but more because i love my berlina black s2k, and its car i plan to keep for a really long time. Even when i get ready to buy my M3 i'm still going to enjoy my black beauty. Ya Know.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:45 AM

from my experience, i would have to say that S/C's are a little more maintenance-free... plus, i think they're better on engine-reliability... you also have a third option of going all-motor... this is probably the route i will go once i can pull together about $4-5K... (i plan on building all at once)... plus i look forward to hearing a built all-motor S2K rev at VTEC...
Old 10-02-2003, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by Jo-v
No buddy... if knowing i can eat-up most 6-cylinder cars (excluding bmw and some other high end models on the road) and the only way for most 4-cylinder cars to even compete with me would need to have some serious mods. Then i totaly feel i got plenty of power for running stock on a 4-cylinder engine... Thanks for your imput. As far as the Jackson. I've seen it on a yellow s2k... You could be right though, about making it work, but i doubt it cause these guys are serious street racers...
The yellow s2000 running the sc in Miami if that is the one your talking about is running a vortech kit.

Quick Reply: Jackson , comptech, or vortech.