S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Issues with cruise control

Old 08-19-2013, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with cruise control

Can anyone lead me to a fuse or something for me to try to fix my cruise control? I checked all fuses inside (under the dash) and outside (under the hood) and there aren't any fuses for the cruise control.... I also noticed that when I push the cruise control button, the light does not come on... I need help!!! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:32 PM

so does the cruise control work? could be the actual bulb in the cluster thats out. rare but does happen
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM

sounds like the cruise control button (switch is bad) try to take it out and clean the contacts....good luck
Old 09-01-2013, 12:31 PM

The cruise control does not work, I haven't tried the actual button but I'll do that, thanks for the tips, I have a feeling it will work!! I'll let you know!!
Old 07-02-2024, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video on S2000 cruise control troubleshooting:
Old 07-02-2024, 07:57 AM

Great video on S2000 cruise control troubleshooting:
The following users liked this post:
windhund116 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 02:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cruise maybe

Look under the clutch pedal maybe the white plastic stop is broken
i saw the remains on the floormat
buy 2 if you do the other will be for the brake pedal
Old 07-02-2024, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sfl2000
Look under the clutch pedal maybe the white plastic stop is broken
i saw the remains on the floormat
buy 2 if you do the other will be for the brake pedal
Thanks for the tip, but that switch is fine. It's easy to test that one, do NOT press the clutch, turn on the ignition, press the start button, then no start. Then press the clutch and the car starts, i.e. that switch is good.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:48 AM

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Lars-Of-D
Thanks for the tip, but that switch is fine. It's easy to test that one, do NOT press the clutch, turn on the ignition, press the start button, then no start. Then press the clutch and the car starts, i.e. that switch is good.
Except that only tests one of the clutch interlock switches, and only tests the one not used for CC.

The clutch has 2 interlock switches. One that only engages when clutch pressed to floor, one that disengages as soon as you begin to press clutch.

They wouldn't use the pressed to floor one for CC, right? But they would need to use that one for engine Start.

To verify the one used for CC is working, there isn't really a good test other than getting under there and looking. Initially to see if stopper fell out. Then more detailed using a meter to confirm switch is working, and adjusted properly (its possible stopper is ok, but switch so far out of adjustment switch disengaged even when pedal not pressed.)
Old 07-03-2024, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Except that only tests one of the clutch interlock switches, and only tests the one not used for CC.

The clutch has 2 interlock switches. One that only engages when clutch pressed to floor, one that disengages as soon as you begin to press clutch.

They wouldn't use the pressed to floor one for CC, right? But they would need to use that one for engine Start.

To verify the one used for CC is working, there isn't really a good test other than getting under there and looking. Initially to see if stopper fell out. Then more detailed using a meter to confirm switch is working, and adjusted properly (its possible stopper is ok, but switch so far out of adjustment switch disengaged even when pedal not pressed.)
=====
Thanks for the comments: can you show me a Honda drawing or part number for the second clutch switch you're referring to, I don't see one in the schematics? The stopper is in place on the clutch and I've placed the stopper on the brake (unrelated). As soon as I move the clutch ~1 inch the car will start, i.e. as soon as the resting-position switch moves.

Quick Reply: Issues with cruise control