S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

invidia silencers

Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default invidia silencers

well my invidia is on its way and ive read alot about the dreaded drone and what not but im curious, is it actually legal and how do the silencers sound, do they help alot. thanks for your help
Old 05-14-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too loud w/o the silencers for any extended period of use IMO. It might also depend on where you live. Some areas of the country seem to be a little more tolerant than others.
Try em with and without and see what you think is my best answer. I put them back in after about two days.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 PM

does anyone have a before and after sound clip? thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by JackS,May 14 2007, 03:55 PM
Too loud w/o the silencers for any extended period of use IMO. It might also depend on where you live. Some areas of the country seem to be a little more tolerant than others.
Try em with and without and see what you think is my best answer. I put them back in after about two days.
so do they really help alot or does it just some what muffle the sound? oh ya how was the install i found a link and it doesnt look to hard i just wanted anouther opinion??
Old 05-17-2007, 10:15 AM

I had the Invidia V3 for a bit - the only reason I sold it was to get the ASM exhaust I am currently running. While running without the silencers rocks because you can set off most any car alarm in the vicinity with a simple blip of the throttle and more importantly scare every annoying tourist within 400 yards (a steady 7800 rpms in 1st gear is very fun to do while driving on 15th St. by the White House), inserting the silencers will give you more torque if you are running a NA setup. When I ran the Invidia, I drove with the silencers in about 50% of the time.

-Will
Old 05-17-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy install. Get a broom handle to pry the hangers off.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

trust me, the silencers make is much, much quieter.

even with silencers, it is LOUD.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 PM

I tried running the silencers (to hear the difference), i hand-tightened it to the tips, one blew off somewhere, and the other one lost its nut and bolt. Now i have one silencer with no mounting hardware.

Maybe I'm used to it, but sometimes I don't even notice the exhaust

No silencers ftw
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Yeah, I don't think you can hand tighten it. I tried putting it into my Invidia N1 Single today, and the bolt unscrewed a few seconds after start up.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KstreetDC,May 17 2007, 01:15 PM
inserting the silencers will give you more torque if you are running a NA setup.
really? i'm not sure about this one. of course i have absolutely no proof of why i think this, but i swear my car feels a bit more responsive with them out.

however, in all logic my brain tells me that silencers probably do absolutely nothing noticable at all to the powerband, but what do i know?

regardless, i love my invidia with the silencers in or out! the car is VERY tame on the volume with them in - you can actually have a nice conversation with somebody in the cabin. with them out my car just sounds rediculous. i love it either way

i did however HATE the look of my silencers when i got them in. Who wants to see shiny metal sticking out of the inside of your exhaust?? i took them out and sprayed them with some flat black paint to make them a bit less noticable. come to think of it, i may spray them again real soon.

Quick Reply: invidia silencers