S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

INVIDIA Install Pics and Input

Old 05-10-2003, 06:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default INVIDIA Install Pics and Input

After nearly a week of sitting in the garage I finally was able to get my brand new Invidia exhaust installed thanks to fellow First Coast S2000 member, Sang (Rare M5). What a guy. Shows up at my house with jack, stands, wrenches galore, and a great attitude.

It was a longer day than expected since the shipment didn't come with the proper amount nor size of hanger bushings but with a little elbow grease everything worked out great and OH MAMA WHAT A SOUND!!!! I've already scared the crap (literally) out of my boy which wasn't funny, been the awe of several neighbors, and even jazzed up my wife (she loves this sort of stuff too!).

Anyway here are some pics...lots of them with some 2 cents here and there.

Here we are jacking up the car getting ready.

Here I'm having an SOB of time getting the bolts loosened. Nothing some WD40 and a few whacks didn't fix though. Apparently I was quite entertaining to watch and listen to during this process.

As recommended from another thread, we used the jack to lower the mother of all heavy OEMs out.

Here we get the Invidia pipes ready to install first. Notice that we removed the bar (hanging from under the car, driver side). This made removing the OEM and installing the Invidia MUCH easier.

My son couldn't resist keeping an eye on daddy and Sang.

Here's a pic with the rear pipes in using the stock bushings. Since the shipment only included two new ones of two different sizes we ended up modifying a bit. We tried locating similar size bushings at a few local shops with no luck. Basically we bent the stock rods down just a hair until we finally got the fitment we wanted. Sang was awesome at measuring every angle. It's a perfect fit once we're done.
Of course I had to wipe down the pipes a bit especially after using so much WD40 getting the OEM bushings to slide off. A few were still a mother but after re-adjusting so often you sort of get a knack for it.
Yet another tip from the site was to be very careful lowering the car after the install. Good thing too because the exhuast does sit a bit lower than OEM. If you angle the jack from the driver side you're good to go though...another great call by Sang, it was one of many today.
Whew! All done. Took a bit longer than expected but then Sang installed my tower brace and adjusted my throttle to get rid of the slack. Talk about a difference!

Now it's time to test the puppy out! Notice the OEM hanging on the wall already. It's for SALE! Make an offer and we'll talk.

Almost a great photo but the camera shot a bit fast. My wife is actually standing in our kid's fort shooting this pic of Sang and I getting on it. Swweeeettttt!!!!!
This is Sang's "Wimpy Bitch Exhaust" vs. the Invidia. Those are his words but I love the quote.

And that wraps it up. Great day thanks to Sang. I couldn't have done it without him plus the insight from this site. Thanks everyone!
Old 05-10-2003, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Shay your S is singing a different tune. Hows it feel to be loud!!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:08 PM

Very nice!...and man does it sing a wonderful note. I can literally make it sound nearly stock or in your face. Still learning the trick but it's nice knowing I can be Jeckle or Hyde.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:23 PM

Bad ass! How much?
Old 05-10-2003, 07:31 PM

GB for $680 and that includes s/h! Very much worth the price and comes with silencers if the neighbors get on ya!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:32 PM

Here's the thread on the gb.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=112374
Old 05-10-2003, 10:09 PM

Looks good. I've had mine for almost 2 months now and love the exhaust note at WOT. It will continue to get louder as time goes by, so don't get too used to the sound just yet.

On a side note:
It's people like Sang that make this board what it is. The HouStooks offer each other similar help all the time for almost any task. The S2KI community goes much further than the content of the posts on this board.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:24 PM

Oh man, did we had a blast or what!

I had a great time doing the install and I'm very PROUD that my fingerprint is permanently on Shay's Exhausts.

1. Installing Exhausts without no "Oh Shit" time : few non-alcoholic beverages and few slices of Pizza
2. Installing Front Strut Brace : couple of wrenches and a pair of shay's non-mechanical hands
3. Adjusting Throttle Cable : couple of wrenches

4. Driving under an over pass with the top down, VTEC and the new exhausts : PRICELESS!

Who is next?

PS. Shay, btw, you got my quote wrong: "Whinny Little Bitch Exhausts"
Old 05-11-2003, 01:03 AM

can you feel the extra 3+ hp?
Old 05-11-2003, 04:52 AM

Originally posted by honda9krpm
can you feel the extra 3+ hp?
YES!!!! Even my wife noticed when she took the car out after we got back.

Sang, sorry for the misquote. You're hysterical!

So, it gets a bit louder?? Oh well. Probably a good thing because I'll get better at taming the beast by the time that happens. I love that split personality. Worse comes to worse I can pop in the silencers for work type stuff and pop them back out when it's VTEC time!

Quick Reply: INVIDIA Install Pics and Input