S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.
View Poll Results: Interest on Custom Turbo - Please Reply
Yes, I am interested.
100.00%
No, I want another kit.
0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Interest on Custom Turbo - Please Reply

Old 09-09-2002, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interest on Custom Turbo - Please Reply

Hello everyone. As a owner of a 2002 S2000 I realize that its hard to find a custom turbo producer. I know a company in Cali thats just becoming extremely popular for custom turbo kits. Right now they produce twin turbo and single turbo kits for Lexus IS300's and they make twin turbo kids for Nissan 300ZX's. The reason for this post is for the company to see how many of you would be interested in this next offer. The owner offered to build a turbo (and wants to) for our s2000's which will be a step higher than the T04 with all equipment needed for install, only thing you need to buy seperate is the FMS (fuel management system) and injectors. The deal the owner made was if I could get a large amount of people to say they would buy the kit, he will start the production. The kit will be $5000 flat which as you all know is cheaper than the Speed Craft turbo kit. If you want to support this deal please Reply to this saying you are interested. Thanks for your time and please support this.

(All of the specs will be released as soon as I get enough people to reply with interest to this)
Old 09-09-2002, 08:20 PM

i'm sure there is much interest in this set up, but no one has as of yet been able to mass produce one, that is reliable.

stage6motorsports is advertising a $4900.00 turbo kit, no real performance numbers yet.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:12 PM

I'm sure there a lot of people who would be interested if the kit really came through. I am curious....is the kit already designed? If so, then post pictures and specs (including a dyno) and you will get plenty of interest. I am sure you are aware of how many people come onto this board saying the exact same thing. Just to let you know Stage 6 Motorsports is now offering a turbo setup for under $5000 ($4900) which is an economical' version of the speedcraft turbo (and they [Stage 6 Motorsports] will be selling the speedcarft turbo for $5600 now). My point is $5000 is not that much cheaper now.

-Jay
Old 09-09-2002, 10:09 PM

I would be very interested if they can produced a kit like SpeedCraft with a more affordable price for the consumer. Hope to hear more about the development soon.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:13 PM

lol.

"Interested in custom turbo kit?" thread #58964.

glad to see you have jumped on the bandwagon.

good luck with the kit!
Old 09-11-2002, 07:48 AM

I would be interested. For $5000 and using a better turbo! The guy is in Cali? Would it be by chance CARB legal???? (I can dream can't I?)
Old 09-11-2002, 03:03 PM

xs engineering,sp engineering?
Old 09-11-2002, 05:02 PM

SP Engineering is bad ass..
Old 09-12-2002, 07:48 PM

Ok heres the deal people. I know we all want the turbo. First off do I have a person in Cali who is willing to let their car be the first. I promise you all that if we get the person to do the car you have yourself a turbo. I also promise you that the turbo will be much higher performance than the speed craft. Oh and no it will not be carb legal. Stop dreaming haha. Heres a hint for you all. I can not tell you the exact company doing this but all I can tell you is they designed a turbo kit for a 2g eclipse which pushed much more power than the speed craft for our car. They have a lot of experience in this and they WANT to make a turbo for our cars. Truthfully do you guys think that the price for the speed craft is good for the stats it pushes? My opinion on that is no. Not that speed craft is a bad company, I have much respect for them but the stats arent very good. This company promises much higher stats at safe running. I know you guys probably think this is some kinda lame thing just like the other posts where nothing came through. I swear to you that you wont be dissapointed if you guys participate with this and help me out. If you guys wanna contact me about this IM GrAf1x3dUs3r. Ill give you the info that im allowed to for now. Oh and seriously guys I need to know how many of you will purchase this kit if its out. The company is checking this post all teh time to see what you guys think. So get people that want a turbo to vote in here. Please help me out with this. Ill even work out a deal with purchasing the turbos too if you guys help me. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:07 AM

Hello everyone,

We have read a few of the posts on here about turbo kits for the S2000 and we were asked by someone on this forum to come on here and post all the information we have about making our own turbo kit for the S2000.

Our company is called XERD and you can check us out at www.xerd.com.

As of right now we want to make a turbo kit but haven't started any type of development of any sort. We looked at the S2000 and we know we can build a quality kit no questions asked. I dont really want to get in comparing kits that are already available in the market but i would like to address the issue of the turbo size. A lot of people would like to see a big turbo with a kit for this car and after doing a little research and some reading about the speedcraft turbo kit we would choose to go with something a little smaller, that will spool faster and will be more suitable for the everyday driver.

Bigger is not always better, a T60 is a decent size turbo but doesn't mean it will be better then a smaller turbo for this application. If we were to build a kit for this car we will be using something a little smaller that will be good up to about 400hp but will be able to work better with the 8-10psi rating then a bigger turbo would.

We assume that most people wont build up their engines and want a drag car but more of a daily driver that will be able to spank most cars on the road and that is what we will be aiming for.

We dont want to give much detail and specs until we have a working prototype and then we will be able to test different trim levels in order to nail down the right turbo for this car.

We are a new company located in So cali however we have been working on cars for a while now. We are in the mids of building a twin turbo kit for the dodge avenger and a twin and single turbo kit for the IS300. We are willing to take on the S2000 turbo kit project but we will need a volunteer. We will need a car to work on, this project could take anywhere from a month to 2 months until it is complete and ready to leave our shop.

We can build a quality kit and offer a warranty for about 4k, this will include turbo, turbo manifold, intercooler, piping, downpipe, intake, blow off valve and all necessary hardware.

To view our recently released products and see our product quality please go to: http://community.webshots.com/user/xerd

Please visit our website at www.xerd.com. You can contact us by calling (818)347-9060 or e-mail us at sales@xerd.com

The person who will let us use his/her car will only have to pay for parts, we will take care of the labor and anything that invovles the development part of it. For more info please call us or e-mail us.

We understand that all you of want a quality kit that will still give you a fair amount of power with the ability to upgrade if desired and for a decent price. We can make this happen.

Please contact us if interested. Thank you very much. Art

Quick Reply: Interest on Custom Turbo - Please Reply