S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

intake clugged or something else

Old 08-13-2007, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake clugged or something else

i have a question about my s.

i stopped to get some gas and everything was fine. and when i went on ahead and when i was about to enter the freeway, my car sounded like it was "drowning". instead of speeding up when i step on the gas, rpm pulls back and car seemed to be dying...

i stopped and popped the hood, and i tried to check the intake... since my friend who drives a z had similar experience, i called him to check on it too..

i checked the intake and started to emit smoke when we try to start the car again...

what could be the problem? i ope there's just something stuck in there that could be just removed. because in my friend's z, they already found a piece of small rock inside the cat converter...

need help guys..
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drive easy until you need to fill up again and use a better gas station. Reset the ECU. Use 91+ Octane

Sounds like Bad Gas..
Old 08-13-2007, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad gas.
Add some dry gas, and a bottle of octane booster if you just filled up, then refill the tank somewhere else as soon as you burn off enough to add a few gallons.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM

Octane booster is a waste of money, just drive it easy until you get low and put in some good stuff
Old 08-13-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dnewkid_24,Aug 13 2007, 06:36 AM
i have a question about my s.

i stopped to get some gas and everything was fine. and when i went on ahead and when i was about to enter the freeway, my car sounded like it was "drowning". instead of speeding up when i step on the gas, rpm pulls back and car seemed to be dying...

i stopped and popped the hood, and i tried to check the intake... since my friend who drives a z had similar experience, i called him to check on it too..

i checked the intake and started to emit smoke when we try to start the car again...

what could be the problem? i ope there's just something stuck in there that could be just removed. because in my friend's z, they already found a piece of small rock inside the cat converter...

need help guys..
how the hell did he get a piece of rock in the cat?

not trying to call you for BSing but the rock has to travel

from the intake filter to the tb, intake manifold, pass by the intake valve, get compressed by the piston, expel by the exhaust valve, travel thru the header to the cat.

last time i check earth surface rock is not that compressable
Old 08-13-2007, 11:37 AM

It's the same as Humans and bladder stones
Old 08-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iDomN8U,Aug 13 2007, 11:37 AM
It's the same as Humans and bladder stones
haha...okay
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it was driving great before the fill-up, then my first guess would be bad gas (or hydralock if you drove through some water). I would syphon all the gas back out and buy fresh gas from a different station (brand) and see if that helps. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 AM

I think you could find a peice of a valve stuck in the cat, but a rock no.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

If it's not your fuel.

Check and see if you catalytic converter is loose inside. If it's broke, it will usually rattle, it will sometimes send clouds of smoke out of your exhaust. What you saw may not have been a rock but part of the converter. It can also steal lots of power too. It can do it randomly too as it moves around inside and blocks the exhaust pipe.

Several people have had this problem. If it is it's on a federal warranty, just take to honda they'll replace it even if your warranty has expired.

fltsfshr

Quick Reply: intake clugged or something else