S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Installing my PW JDM Intake right now,

Old 05-03-2009, 11:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installing my PW JDM Intake right now,

Alright guys,

I'm installing my pw jdm intake right now. My first time installing an intake, i dont have any help just me and the instructions that came with the thing.

So far its making pretty good sense, bUt i'm stuck here.

Basically its telling me to move the air control solenoid valve. (pic 1) it has two hoses coming from it. One hose called 'bottom' in my picture, goes to something located somewhere towards the bottom of the car. (its in picture 2 and 3)

Its saying to remove that tube and send it to (and heres is my confusion) either the top or bottom metal line on the intake manifold. Which does that go to? If I do that, it effectively eliminates whatever its currently being run to whatever is in pic 2 or 3, doesn't it? Beacuse i dont see anywhere in the instructions where it says to put another tube back into that thing.

It says run the other tube, in this case 'top' on picture 1 to either (again confused) the top or bottom metal line on the intake manifold.

In addition, that top line, has a plastic piece on it, the instructions call it a air control solenoid valve. it says to replace the hose going to the (top or bottom) metal line. Do i replace that whole hose? If i do, it will eliminate that plastic piece 'solenoid valve'.... I can remove the hose coming from that valve to keep it in tact.

I hope that makes sense.

Please help if you can. I'll be refreshing this every few minutes to see if anyone replied, if anything i said doesn't make sense, please ask me to clarify.

here are is the link to the instructions i'm following and the pictures i was refering to are below the link:

http://passwordjdm.com/Install_Notes/S2000...n_Kit_00_05.pdf

Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 PM

anyone ?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you removed the old stuff, you remember where all the hoses went from->to? Just keep it the same.

<KN intake with no instructions.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:08 PM

i figured it out guys, found a service manual off of honda.tech.info.

It was a password JDM intake, so had to move a lotta shit around to make it work.

Anyway I got it, but the hood isn't closing as well as Id like it to so got some minor adjustments to make soon.

But it sounds f'ing amazing.

I hear some kinda rattling though that I dont like, i think its beacuse of the way the intake bolts into the car... I'm gonna try to find some rubber washers or something to help dampen it.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 PM

I don't know if you did this or not, or if you even have to on the PWJDM intake for fitment to be proper.

But, on my J's Intake, I relocated the wiring isolator to BEHIND the radiator support. Here's a picture of my car for reference.

Notice on the right side of the support, the wire harness is exposed. On the left, the harness is behind the radiator support, behind the intake.

This gives me the 1/4 inch to move the intake back for better fitment. Hope this helps. You might not even have to do this, but I don't know the design of a PWJDM intake.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:10 PM

as far as intructions for the air pump stuff. Forget the instructions and just add the correct lenght hose to the proper inlet/outlet.

Thats what I did with my J's. Japanese instructions for the lost.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:11 PM

I thought you were selling your car? Change of heart?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Homer Simpson,May 3 2009, 11:04 PM
I don't know if you did this or not, or if you even have to on the PWJDM intake for fitment to be proper.

But, on my J's Intake, I relocated the wiring isolator to BEHIND the radiator support. Here's a picture of my car for reference.

Notice on the right side of the support, the wire harness is exposed. On the left, the harness is behind the radiator support, behind the intake.

This gives me the 1/4 inch to move the intake back for better fitment. Hope this helps. You might not even have to do this, but I don't know the design of a PWJDM intake.
Yeap I did this. I dont know if it was necessary but i did it anyway.

Do you have anything under the snorkel iteslf where it hits the top of the radiator kinda?

I got a little rattle some place that i dont appreciate much and I'm gonna try to figure it out before I really start using it.

Also I was considering sanding down the very top of that piece that the snorkel hits. just to get it to sit a little lower...

Good idea? bad idea?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Homer Simpson,May 3 2009, 11:10 PM
as far as intructions for the air pump stuff. Forget the instructions and just add the correct lenght hose to the proper inlet/outlet.

Thats what I did with my J's. Japanese instructions for the lost.
The problem was I wasn't sure which inlet/outlets were right to connect to what? I forgot which they were in when I first started the project assuming that the instructions would explain.

Well it didn't.

Either way I found a copy of the 00-03 (even though I hvae an 04) service manual online, and it helped me figure it out.

Running like a champ now, didn't see any codes or check engine lights when I started it up and went on a quick 10 minute drive.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ITBs2k,May 3 2009, 11:11 PM
I thought you were selling your car? Change of heart?
I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. I love it too much.

Still needed something practical though as the Prelude was giving too much trouble to trust it long distance.

Ended up picking this up to use as my DD:

Quick Reply: Installing my PW JDM Intake right now,