S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

installed vafc2 with frog-harness...need setting..

Old 01-06-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed vafc2 with frog-harness...need setting..

Hi, i am just installing the vafc2 along with the frog-harness...plug&play. Anyway, i searched the vafc2 setting and all i could find was the library of the vafc setting and so i go by the vafc(first version) setting. My car started but it won't hold the idle and die off on me. If i hold the gas then it will start right up....but if i let off the gas then it died on me....
And so i unpluged the whole thing and plugged back the stock and the car started up fine. If anyone are using the vafc2 on their S....can you show me your setting....i would appreciate very much....thanks.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Well first off go buy an AEM guage type wideband. Also someone may have setings but all of our s2000's run differently and all of our tuned will be different. I would suggest possibly letting youe local tuner dyno/street tune it for the best results! But i wouldnt suggest messing with it, with out a PLX or AEM wideband!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by TitusS2k,Jan 6 2007, 07:58 PM
Well first off go buy an AEM guage type wideband. Also someone may have setings but all of our s2000's run differently and all of our tuned will be different. I would suggest possibly letting youe local tuner dyno/street tune it for the best results! But i wouldnt suggest messing with it, with out a PLX or AEM wideband!
hmmmm....didn't know that i need a aem wideband to install the vafc2. That's good to know. I am pretty sure the setting is pretty much similar to the vafc(first version). Thanks TitusS2k
Old 01-06-2007, 07:41 PM

did you buy it used? if so, the settings from the previous owner are still stored on the unit. you're going to have to restart it and keep it at default settings until you can take it to your tuner. DO NOT try to tune it yourself without knowing what to do. Just take it to the tuner so they can dyno tune it with an a/f gauge.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:55 PM

i bought it used from Jotech motorsports(Kenny Tran). He used it for like 10 minutes on the Maxima. What happens was i forgot to set the A/F and all the adjustment points at 0. But yes i need to let the Tuner-shop do the tuning for me....that way i don't need to buy the wide-band....but it's good to have ones, lol.

If i set every to 0 than i should able to drive it until i doing the tuning on Monday right?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:09 PM

Why not have it towed to a shop and have it tuned properly? You would save yourself all of this grief your going through.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by GPW03,Jan 6 2007, 09:09 PM
Why not have it towed to a shop and have it tuned properly? You would save yourself all of this grief your going through.
true to that, lol. No, i don't need to have it towed, my car is drivenable....thanks the the frog-harness, it makes life so easy,lol.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes...set all corrections to zero and you should be able to drive it to a tuner.

A VAFC is only as good as it's tuner. Make sure you use a well known and respected tuner in your area. Tuning a VAFC is not for the inexperienced or you could set the a/f too lean, which could lead to a burnt valve.

BTW...are you sure this is a VAFC? Why did a Maxima have a VAFC rather than the SAFC...having a VAFC without a car with VTEC seems pointless.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by negcamber,Jan 6 2007, 09:33 PM
BTW...are you sure this is a VAFC? Why did a Maxima have a VAFC rather than the SAFC...having a VAFC without a car with VTEC seems pointless.
Yes, it's a VAFC2. and yes, that kinda got me too....i don't know why they(Jotech) used it on the Maxima for.....maybe just to test it i guess...beat me there But i squared the guy told me that they was only tested on the maxima for 10 minutes...or maybe he say integra and i am having a hard time hearing right, lol.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by negcamber,Jan 6 2007, 09:33 PM
Yes...set all corrections to zero and you should be able to drive it to a tuner.

A VAFC is only as good as it's tuner. Make sure you use a well known and respected tuner in your area. Tuning a VAFC is not for the inexperienced or you could set the a/f too lean, which could lead to a burnt valve.

The Vafc is great for Vtec motors, but has some of the same capabilities as an SAFC. Either way you cant adjust ignition so all your really doing with a VAFC is compensating fuel at certain incredments or increasing it depending on where vtec is set. But i inderstand what you mean. From what i have seen VAFC's as low as 85$ where as most SAFC's hold their value on most forums... my .02 cents.

Quick Reply: installed vafc2 with frog-harness...need setting..