S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Installed Test Pipe/ Exhaust

Old 03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Lives under the passenger carpet, on the side on a UK S2000... Will be the same or exact opposite side on a US one. Think its the same side.

Your stalling is undoubtedly due to a wiring screw up rather than the pipe I would say.... Maybe a bad earth or similar. Get the simulator removed ASAP.

MB
Old 03-17-2006, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the tip, I'll check it. it's very strange and I've had on my last car (G35C) a set of test pipes with free flow exhaust and never had any such problems. Just a simple bolt on fujitsubo exhaust and test pipe should not be able to do that to the car. I got the CEL light on as well so that's mean that the simulator is not working for sure... It's gotta be that dawn thing....
Old 03-17-2006, 02:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2k,Mar 17 2006, 04:27 PM
Just a simple bolt on fujitsubo exhaust and test pipe should not be able to do that to the car.
What? Why shouldn't it be able to? You removed a part necessary for emissions, and the O2 sensor is designed to detect this, and throw a CEL. It doesn't KNOW you put in a test pipe. It thinks something is WRONG with the car.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:16 PM

ditch the electrical fix and do the mechanical fix, only costs you about 6 bucks, just need a drilling press to drill out 1 of the anti foulers. Did it both to my s2k and sti after removing the cats and no cel yet. (knock on wood)
Old 03-17-2006, 02:47 PM

I got the anti-foulers today, just need to find where he located the electrical simulator...But even with that, it were't suppose to stall the car like that, seriously I had pratically no first gear, it's like the car is jumping, crazy like if the motor is going to jump out of the car. So is the ECU located on the passanger side near the door?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2k,Mar 17 2006, 05:47 PM
I got the anti-foulers today, just need to find where he located the electrical simulator...But even with that, it were't suppose to stall the car like that, seriously I had pratically no first gear, it's like the car is jumping, crazy like if the motor is going to jump out of the car. So is the ECU located on the passanger side near the door?
Just a thought, but have you actually tried pulling the code?

Second, the person who did the install, if they fuxed it up, you're damn right it could do that to the car.

You keep seeming to want to blame the car, when that's NOT the problem!!!! It's either a bad install, and who knows what he could have fuxed up, or there is something ELSE wrong with the car that simply coincided with the install.

is the CEL flashing? get the code pulled.

also, you seem to really know nothing about this, so why do you want to go digging around by your ECU?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's on the driver side under the left kick panel.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What are the pros and cons with the electrical simulators versus the mechanical ones? I know the electrical ones are more expensive.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:33 PM

Ufa... so happy now. Found the ECU and simulaor, took it out and went for a drive. car runs strong with no stalling... I did the ECU reset and have no CEL light so far. I know it'll probably come out but I'll get mechanical way done tomorrow with the anti-fouler and that should take care of the problem. The Fujitsubo w/ test pipe gives a really nice sound yet quite under low rpm. Just waiting for my intake to complete this first phase of modding... Thanks for all the reply.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Mar 17 2006, 05:28 PM
What are the pros and cons with the electrical simulators versus the mechanical ones? I know the electrical ones are more expensive.
The electrical costs more and seems to be more difficult to install. it did not work on my case although I've had that on my G35C and it worked fine with no CEL light at all. I'll try the mechanical since it seems to be working for everybody else.

Quick Reply: Installed Test Pipe/ Exhaust