S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Innovative Motor Mounts

Old 10-01-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Innovative Motor Mounts

My friends,

I just got Innovative motor and transmission mounts to replace my old and weak stock mounts on the S. I guess on a ten year old car that is to be expected. I did a search, lookin for help. My question is does anyone know of a DIY for the mounts on our cars, parts came with no instructions. I will be taking the car to my cousin's shop who is an very good mechanic so I'm not too worried, just figured if there were any tips or tricks that may help the install from anyone that has done them I would greatly appreciate hearing them.. I must give to the maker of these mounts. I got the 75 durometer hardness and these things are super beefy. Very impressed. Nice black coating on the parts, very strong and solid, and all the hardware looks to be top notch as well. I will report on the feel once installed tomorrow. I'm used to mounts on VWs, but not all three, just the transmission ones so this will be a new experience for me. I love a stiff for street feel so hopefully these will fit the bill without going overboard. Gotta say for the price you definitely get a strong, solid, hefty product.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my experiences with previous cars, jack up the motor appropriately and change out one at a time, torquing to appropriate specs (sorry, my S hasn't needed them yet, so I don't know the rating). Use a jack that you feel comfortable with....while letting the motor down w/o 1 motor mount isn't catastrophic, i always hate seeing it hang there. (bad jack occurrence once)