S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

inner door rattle

Old 12-24-2001, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default inner door rattle

i been having a problem with a rattle coming from the inside of the doors. both the passenger and driver side doors. Sometimes, it lessens when i have the doors locked, but when i go over rough pavement, it is really loud. It almost sounds like the seatbelt issue, but i have the seatbeat on and just fasten it on on the passenger side. I removed the door frame and checked, and it looks like locking rods but i don't know how to stop it. i can move it up and down, and it makes that rattle noise, so i think it is that, but what can i do?

anyone else with the same problem?
Old 12-24-2001, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this thread, it fixed a door squeak I had.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...ght=door+squeak
Old 12-24-2001, 05:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I wasn't going to post this but I too, found a rattle inside my driver's side door. I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago and it only rattled when I closed the door. I could duplicate the sound by holding the door when open and shaking it back & forth in the open/close direction. I took the inside door panel off and found the following piece laying in the bottom of the door space. I took apart the other door to see if I could find the mirror image of the piece and could not see anything that looked like it. I put the door back together and nothing seems to be out of order. The window works as normal - it seals just the same. All switch gear work as normal. I haven't a clue what the piece is or what it was for. I'll just hang onto it till something stops working properly.

I have a "AA" battery for size reference. The object is pure white plastic. The dark strip in the 1st photo is a textured foam material (black). In the 2nd photo (same piece but flipped over), the dark, smaller rectanle is a brown furry material and the longer strip is black and is made of rubber with a furry texture on the top surface (rubber like a windshield wiper blade on the under side).
Old 12-25-2001, 06:08 AM

The other morning when I started my car to warm it up (23 degrees outside) I shut the door and heard something fall on the inside. I opened and shut it several times and tried the locks and everything seems to work fine, no rattles yet, but I think it's reasonable to assume that I may have the same thing as xviper. We'll see...

Andrew
Old 12-26-2001, 01:14 AM

i dont have rattles comming from the door but, when i open the door, the door hidge makes a little bit of squeaking noise. i think all it needs is some wd40.
Old 12-26-2001, 07:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bayarea408
[B]i dont have rattles comming from the door but, when i open the door, the door hidge makes a little bit of squeaking noise.
Old 12-26-2001, 08:43 AM

xviper; Just a guess, but your description makes it sound like something that's in contact with the window(or should be). Maybe a lift guide of some sort? Maybe even a part to prevent rattles. That would be ironic!
Old 12-26-2001, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by Chipster
xviper; Just a guess, but your description makes it sound like something that's in contact with the window(or should be). Maybe a lift guide of some sort? Maybe even a part to prevent rattles. That would be ironic!
I kinda thought this myself but can't figure out exactly where it goes. I'll wait till a change of season or until something doesn't seem/feel/look right. So far, no rattles, every thing working normally. Thanks.
Keep those guesses coming.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:24 AM

xviper; There is another thread on the S2000 "Talk" forum with a very similar (same) problem. It seems to be referred to as a"stabilizer" in the Helm manual, page 20-8. It's being talked about in the "Crack" thread. It looks like it's a dealer fix item.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Chipster
xviper; There is another thread on the S2000 "Talk" forum with a very similar (same) problem. It seems to be referred to as a"stabilizer" in the Helm manual, page 20-8. It's being talked about in the "Crack" thread. It looks like it's a dealer fix item.
Again, thanks. I will look again at the "other" door to see how it's mounted. The piece appears to have 2 "clips" that might be the attachment mechanism.

Quick Reply: inner door rattle