S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Injen CAI Filter Maintennance?

Old 09-18-2002, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injen CAI Filter Maintennance?

Yes, I did a search on this... but was wondering how often do you have to clean the filter and how do you clean it and where do I get the cleaner??

Thanks in advance
MAY
Old 09-18-2002, 04:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Unless you live in an extremely dusty, dirty environment, once a year oughta do it. Go get the K&N filter cleaner kit. It has the cleaner and re-oiler in it. Just follow the instructions within. For drying the filter after the clean but before the oiling, I put the shoe drying rack into my laundry dryer, put the filter on it and run it on air only for about an hour. Or leave it outside in the shade on a nice day for a few hours.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:09 PM

tank tank xviper
Old 07-08-2003, 01:30 PM

ok i'm back after all this time--where can i order the filter cleaner? do you think if my air filter isn't clean--would it cause my car to hesitate when i start it--i just picked it up from dealer and they said everything checked out great--but sometimes when i start it up--it hesitates and then dies or when i'm driving--it kind of pauses--
Old 07-08-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by a_MAY_zing_1
ok i'm back after all this time--where can i order the filter cleaner? do you think if my air filter isn't clean--would it cause my car to hesitate when i start it--i just picked it up from dealer and they said everything checked out great--but sometimes when i start it up--it hesitates and then dies or when i'm driving--it kind of pauses--
Unless your filter is TOTALLY filthy and clogged (not likely), this will not cause the problems you describe. Your car is more than likely suffering from the "MAP sensor blues". This is well documented. Our cars can have a troublesome MAP Sensor. This sensor is located at the top of your throttle body on the intake manifold. Try to take a rubber handled screwdriver and tap it firmly several times with the handle. This has been known to resolve the problem but sometimes it doesn't work or it returns, in which case you'll need the dealer to warranty a new MAP sensor.
Have you done any sort of intake or exhaust mods lately? Has the outside temp and humidity taken a sudden change either up or down? Have you recently started using your A/C? All of these things may contribute to the stalling or "near stall" characteristics. You might also try to re-set the ECU. This can be done by pulling the "BACK UP" fuse on your underdash fuse panel. It's a 7.5 amp fuse. Look at the "legend" printed on the driver's kick panel to see exactly which one it is. With the car shut off, pull this fuse for about 30 seconds and put it back in. This will aid the ECU to learn any new parameters the car may be experiencing lately.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by a_MAY_zing_1
4IGS200 is having a GB on JR Filter cleaner kits, or you can go to Autozone and pick a K&N cleaner kit for about $11. Again it probably isn't the filter, but you should clean it every 50K miles or so.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:22 PM

again thanks for all your tips--i thought it was the mapsensor but they had already replaced that a few months ago--yeah it's been real humid out here--yup and i just start using the a/c maybe like 6-7 months now--but it's probably the map sensor and humidity combo--

gosh and I've thought about selling my car...what would i do without you guys!!

redS2...yeah i think it's about that (ahem) to clean me filter ha