S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Injector cleaner every fill up?

Old 07-05-2007, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector cleaner every fill up?

Is it okay to use an injector cleaner or fuel system cleaner every fill up? My car is running so good I want to make sure it stays that way. Is there any benefit or harm in running the injector cleaner with every fill up or should it be done at every oil change?

Is there a difference between the injector and fuel system cleaners?

I have 71,4xxx miles now with the engine running great. Just want to make sure it stays that way.

I have been doing the regular up keep but wanted to know what else I should do to keep the engine and components strong.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2007, 09:07 AM

I've never had the need to use injector cleaner or any other additive for that matter. I did use Seafoam once in the brake booster on my Integra and it seems to drive smoother, but that's it.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 AM

I used the search and there was some posts on it but not exactly what I was looking for.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:33 AM

wtf for that shit doesnt work the only additive ive ever used was seafoam in my girlfriends accord other than that i use lucas engine treatment every other oil change and i put some lucas auto tranny stuff in my girls tranny to stop the slipping
Old 07-05-2007, 10:37 AM

lol, I had some boggin issues. I did the map whack and also added the Lucas injector cleaner. I seemed to help clean things up.

I wasn't having any misfires but the hesitation and bogging was pissing me off. The map whack and cleaner made the car like new.

I know a lot of people including Xviper talk about using the cleaner every oil change. I just want to know if their is any benefit to using it more often.

I think the Lucas treatment you use is the same one I am talking about.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaS,Jul 5 2007, 10:33 AM
wtf for that shit doesnt work the only additive ive ever used was seafoam in my girlfriends accord other than that i use lucas engine treatment every other oil change and i put some lucas auto tranny stuff in my girls tranny to stop the slipping
seaform is bad, just search. so it's suppose to be strong enough to take off harden carbon deposite, soft enough to not mean the fuel sock and it's suppose to lude the engine too? damn, if i invented that formula, i would be selling it for thousand of dollar instead of 5

chevron techron injector cleaner is good, don't take my word for it, roadrage did a review of it and he's a guru/professtional in that field. or you can just fill it up at reputable petro station and save the hassle.

a good running engine doesn't need treatment, luca's stuff is not that good, you can believe all the hype if you want.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 AM

well i know the tranny stuff works it was slipping bad and it had brand new honda fluid in it. so i was like lets see what happens and sure enough it hasnt slipped since
Old 07-05-2007, 11:49 AM

I would say not necessary to use injector cleaner every fill up, potentially harmful if used that often. Clearly it's a semi-harsh detergent that is meant to flow through and flush out quickly, and if it were in there basically ALL the time, I'd have concerns about over-wearing some of the more sensitive components that it touches.

What's the point? If you vacuum your floor once a week and there's nothing on it in between, why bump it up to daily and clean an already clean floor?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Jul 5 2007, 10:39 AM
seaform is bad, just search. so it's suppose to be strong enough to take off harden carbon deposite, soft enough to not mean the fuel sock and it's suppose to lude the engine too? damn, if i invented that formula, i would be selling it for thousand of dollar instead of 5

chevron techron injector cleaner is good, don't take my word for it, roadrage did a review of it and he's a guru/professtional in that field. or you can just fill it up at reputable petro station and save the hassle.

a good running engine doesn't need treatment, luca's stuff is not that good, you can believe all the hype if you want.
The only problem with finding a good gas station is that I live in a pretty small town. I don't know which is good or not. I only use 91 but I guess the cleaner just gives me a peace of mind.

I will have to check out the chevron techron stuff. I haven't done any research, thats why I wanted to find out from the guys that know what works and does not.

Thanks for the input input I will do some more searching and see if it is even worth the money.

If anything I think every oil change would be good enough. As long as I can't hurt anything I'm willing to try it out.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I believe RR suggested using a fuel additive once per oil change interval, and to add it with one tank before the oil & filter change. The Chevron brand with Techron is about the best you can get - the Chevron brand includes Chevron, Texaco, and I think Philips66...

Quick Reply: Injector cleaner every fill up?