S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

individual throttle bodies

Old 06-07-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

so you're camparing a toda built itb vs sc s2k. doesn't sound fair to me. a built sc would be a fair comparison in this case.
There's no point to trying to explain this to him. He sees only what he wants to see.

Xviper, I'm sorry that you have to put up with fools like this...
I'm afraid it's my job.

I really dont give a crap what most of you guys think.
Now, wait a minute, you said earlier that everyone saw it YOUR way.

Its over your head.
You can't reach that high.

I don't think anyone in this thread said that ITBs are "useless". This is why I suggested Dan be contacted and I'm glad he showed up here. He has the most experience with this stuff and anything he would say on the subject, I would believe.

Poised to lock this ..........................
Old 06-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying to figure out why you would swap a D16 into anything. Aren't they like 130hp stock at the flywheel? Did you ever go with the Hytech set-up? I believe a lot more gains can be had with that set-up compared to what is out on the market. How many hours of tuning have you put into that car now?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Jun 7 2005, 08:28 PM
There's no point to trying to explain this to him. He sees only what he wants to see.

I'm afraid it's my job.

Now, wait a minute, you said earlier that everyone saw it YOUR way.

You can't reach that high.

I don't think anyone in this thread said that ITBs are "useless". This is why I suggested Dan be contacted and I'm glad he showed up here. He has the most experience with this stuff and anything he would say on the subject, I would believe.

Poised to lock this ..........................
Do what you want. I dont agree with a lot of the older folk on this site and I am not alone. Trust me.

Again this is pure entertainment for me. I dont take any of this serious. This is the net for christ sakes.
Its totally different in person.

Yes everyone should with that comparison.

Plain and simple I dont agree with any of you and I am not alone. Thats says something.

I see what your saying but I took his post at how I saw it and all these other guys that have no experience with anything tend to chime in. I dont weigh anything they say with what I have seen/done. Sorry.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at the shitty place that did it they had 4 hrs but we are startign over with someone differant :0 No I went with J's but it was not on there when it was tuned.... He went with a D16 becuase well its a long story A story of many hopes and broken dreams which started with spraying Bottle pressure into a bone stock engine with absolutly no mods.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 7 2005, 08:19 PM
Your the only fool here.

What experience do you have with any of this again? Enlighten me please.

I dont like SC's. Bottom line. Why do you guys praise them so much? Face facts and get off Bikini Island.

I took it at face value. You guys need to read then re-read this. How old are you? Geez.

Face value means I can put what ever shit I want to in my post. Get over it. I did.
I really dont give a crap what most of you guys think. You can live in your own dream world and believe your superior. The fact is that an ITB set up can take down a SC setup. If you cant see that, which you dont then dont worry about it. Its over your head.
I threw in the weight reduction because the 2 Toda ITB setups I have seen the cars had a weight reduction which is automatic like car insurance. Its the same route I would go. Trying to inform you is like trying to skip a brick on water. Geez. Some people just dont get. I am through here. I know where you guys stand. I am not part of your dream/follower land.
Get over it.

Have a nice day.
okay.. since you put it that way, have sc s2k shave some pounds, build the engine, then up the boost. it will for sure smoke the crap out of your fully tuned itbs. lol.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by iRkennethMe,Jun 6 2005, 10:29 PM
i'm curious with out force induction but maybe with individual throttle bodies... how much HP can the S2k engine push out with out force induction?
Getting back to this line in the first post. There are folks in Japan (ASM) who have reported close to 300hp at the hubs. There is a guy in New England (g-s2k) area who has seen in the 280hp at the hubs. There are guys (Hams2000) who have reported 250hp. HP can be had without forced induction, but in most cases, it comes at an added expense. Stroker kits, ITBs, proper tuning, etc. The common Intake, Header, Exhaust has never yielded more then the typically 20hp on this car from my recollection. It's also been debated whether or not 2004+ 2.2L engines are devalued from factory and put out higher numbers then the 240hp (flywheel) that are suggested by Honda. The few guys that have done the ITB set-up have all basically reported the same numbers. learnerspermit might be the exception to the rule and put out numbers in the 250hp range. I don't know until he posts them in a few weeks. Hopefully he has before and after numbers, otherwise it's a debate again.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by learnerspermit,Jun 7 2005, 11:33 PM
at the shitty place that did it they had 4 hrs but we are startign over with someone differant :0 No I went with J's but it was not on there when it was tuned.... He went with a D16 becuase well its a long story A story of many hopes and broken dreams which started with spraying Bottle pressure into a bone stock engine with absolutly no mods.
Ahh nitrous, been there done that. I'll assume then it was a cost issue with the D16. But yeah motorcycle ITBs have been done, the latter 4AGE engines were designed by Yamaha. All you need is a map set-up and a simple way to lower the fuel pressure on the 4AGEs to get them to run. Usually with a SAFC if you want to save money. Supposedly in Japan they sell an even easier way to lower the fuel. Did you guys have to build an adaptor plate or was it a direct bolt?