S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

individual throttle bodies

Old 06-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by learnerspermit,Jun 7 2005, 10:54 PM
ITB vs SC s2k

Well believe it or not on top end ITB S2k with 4.77 will go by a SC with 4.10 ITB some ppl try to make more technical than what it is. You have proper tuneing and its great. I am sick of everyone talking about ITB being worthless and another point I should make Its not Overal Power its the whole effect of the Powerband. If ITB didnt work why does iny car and many other track cars use them. ITB is one of the oldest desighn and most simple. But they do need to be tuned correctly by someone who KNOWS how to tune them. I run them myself, infact My buddy and I made a set for his Civic from motorcycle throttle bodies AND .... AND.. ran it on a stock ECU no codes and it ideled properly. It was a little differant setting the TPS, but let me be the first one to tell u that car would run.
Not that I am disputing what you wrote, but when you say topend what gear are you talking about? You might be able to pull on him in 1st or 2nd gear, but logically once you get going you'll have to shift sooner giving him the ability to go past you at higher speeds. So that's not really an realistic debate, that has more to do with gearing then actually hp being put down. As for you putting motorcycle ITBs on your friends Civic on a stock ECU, this has been done for years by Toyota guys as well on 4AGE engines. This is probably less likely being done on newer cars with stricter more clever stock ECUs and ODBII. What year was your friends civic?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:03 PM

30 -15 hp WTF!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????
Who tuned that?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:04 PM

IT was a 96 DX with a A d16 vtec swap 4th gear was what gear,..... ITB create made power on top end
Old 06-07-2005, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 7 2005, 07:43 PM
e
Face it the guy put a SC will take out a ITB car any day.

So I read it as how I read it. Why cant you get it through your head. Really.

I took it and others took it the same way. Doesnt mean I am right or wrong. You older guys like to argue points that you will never win.

I SAID and I repeat

SC S2k

VS

Toda ITB/Built motor will wipe the floor on an open track with twisties. Bottom line. If you dont see that than thats your problem. What fantasy world do you live in. Infact what country do you live in?
Get a serious clue. I threw in the weight reduction because when you build a Toda ITB set up you WOULD EXPECT weight reduction for a track car or whatever. Thats what I would do. If thats my thing then so be it. Thats a given like insurance on a $2000 package being shipped from Canada to California. Common sense.
Should I go on?
Why dont you answer my question? You keep avoiding it.

In your opinion

A 2800 pound SC S2k
VS
A 2000 pound NA Toda ITB setup

With the same hourse power.
Who wins Mr. Wizard?

Ohh yeah so what if the SC has a built motor. Can we ALL SAY ZO6 or Esprit? I think so. Lets get past this. I view things differently than you. So what. Who cares. Stop arguing over it. I will.
so you're camparing a toda built itb vs sc s2k. doesn't sound fair to me. a built sc would be a fair comparison in this case.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:10 PM

Since we have a FI forum lets make a ITB
That way the ppl that have done can share there knowledge
Also we could share fuel maps to ppl doing the ITB setup
Old 06-07-2005, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 7 2005, 01:16 PM
I beg to differ with that statement. You be the judge. You said a bolt on SC. Thats all I saw so here you go. You do the math.

Toda built motor/ITB's.
S2k weight at 2000 pounds
We are looking at 300-310 hp to the wheels

VS

OEM Honda Comptech SC
S2k weight 2815 pounds
We are looking at 290-325 hp to the wheels.

IMO on an open track the NA car would beat the crap out of the SC car. Same horsepower and the NA car is about 800 pounds lighter? How can you say thats no match? It is no match for the NA/ITB car. Of course thats if its properly tuned.
I am also assuming driving conditions, tires, driver are all on the same/equal level.
please, i mean please re read your post man. something doesn't seem right... if you know what i mean.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 7 2005, 08:43 PM
Toda ITB/Built motor will wipe the floor on an open track with twisties. Bottom line. If you dont see that than thats your problem. What fantasy world do you live in. Infact what country do you live in?
Get a serious clue. I threw in the weight reduction because when you build a Toda ITB set up you WOULD EXPECT weight reduction for a track car or whatever. Thats what I would do. If thats my thing then so be it. Thats a given like insurance on a $2000 package being shipped from Canada to California. Common sense.
Should I go on?
What planet are you from??? Since when do engines drive themselves around a track??? I don't understand your comparisons at all. You seem to keep comparing a 2000 lb car to a 2800 lb car.. Why??? I don't get where that came from.

Really, your logic is puzzling to me. According to your logic, you would reduce the weight of the car to 2000 lbs to go with your ITB setup, why couldn't you do that with an S/C ed car?? What the hell does weight have to do with S/C vs. ITB ???

Xviper, I'm sorry that you have to put up with fools like this...
Old 06-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Former Moderator

Yes yours created more topend power because you went with the 52mm ITBs if I remember right. I have the 48mm which are designed more for midrange gains. If you want to get into a discussion about Shawn Church's qualification as a tuner, you probably will lose that debate. I've stated this before, my car has not been fully dialed in. As most of the NY Metro guys know, I've pretty much had my hands full with other things. If I had the time to go back out and finish tuning, it probably would yield better results. But for now those are the numbers that I got and I've posted my graphs before, I've got nothing to hide. A 96DX is what? ODBI? D16? Do you mean B16? Again you are just pulling the same argument as J's AP1, will a 4.1 geared S2000 with ITBs pull just as hard as a SC 4.1 geared S2000? Of course the 4.77 gears help you pull on the car, that's what they are designed to do. If you were both in 4th gear next to each other you were already moving. I am talking about from a dead stop, if you both go, you can't possibly believe that after a shift or two, that the SC S2000 won't be by you.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=pantyraider,Jun 7 2005, 08:13 PM] What planet are you from??? Since when do engines drive themselves around a track??? I don't understand your comparisons at all.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:23 PM

0BdDII its a 96 also D16 they are 50mm Im not sure I will loose that debate. My car will be finished tuneing in 3 weeks. I will post up my dyno charts as well. I wont argue then about tuners or now.

Quick Reply: individual throttle bodies