S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

individual throttle bodies

Old 06-07-2005, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah? I beg to differ.

OEM Honda Comptech SC
S2k weight 2815 pounds
We are looking at 290-325 hp to the wheels.

VS

OEM Honda V10 F1 Engine
BAR Honda wieght 1200 lbs
We are looking at 800-900 hp to the wheels

IMO on an open track the F1 car would beat the crap out of the SC'ed S2k.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billman250,Jun 7 2005, 01:37 PM
I said bolt on S/C. You said full lightened race car with ITB's and a toda motor. Where the hell did that come from?

We have two guys with ITB's here. Both of them will get creamed by an S/C'd car.

I'm sure the original poster is not about to reduce his car to 2000 pounds, and spend the $$$$$ for a toda motor.

I never said it was no match against a totally built car, so don't put words in my mouth.
I took what I saw on the computer, what you typed. So thats how I read it. You have two Hayward ITB setups which I heard make little to no power even with proper tuning. So you really cant use them as an example.

You said SC and I said an ITB equipped car. That could mean with a fully built motor or not. Thats not the issue.

You said hands down a SC S2k will take out a ITB one. So that could mean anything. So I threw that at you. I didnt put words in your mouth at all I posted what could and would happen if the two cars met.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=xviper,Jun 7 2005, 01:42 PM] You're not even making a "level playing field" comparison.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 7 2005, 02:54 PM
I know of a local member thats around 2200 right now and to lose 200 more pounds is possible but not recommended and will cost an arm and a leg. What all you older folks have to realize is that you can achieve anything with money.
"Older folks"? Those are fighting words, little man.

Look, we won't argue that money can do anything. You are taking things to the extreme and this was never the intent in this discussion. You can start replacing parts with lightweight components. Again, that's not what was being discussed. If you want to live in a world of your own, fine, but don't bring us into it.
You "know" of locals who have cars down to 2200 hundred lbs? I've "seen" and touched and stood next to Krazik's car. It is stripped to the bare essentials and with NO substitute light weight panels, he will be hard pressed to see 2000 lbs.
You can exaggerate all you like and write into your equation whatever variables you like to make your story spin. I'm sticking to the discussion as is presented here.
__________________________________________________ __________________
edit .................................................. ........................................
OK, we're getting off topic here with arguments about whether or not you or I think an S2000 can weigh 2000 lbs. So, let's back up a bit.

Here's the original gist of this post:
i'm curious with out force induction but maybe with individual throttle bodies... how much HP can the S2k engine push out with out force induction?
No mention of "built". No mention of a 2000 lb car. The assumption must be made that the poster is talking about simply putting ITB on an S2000.

Then Billman says this:
ITB's are no match for a bolt on S/C.
Again, no mention of "built" or a 2000 lb car.

Then you came up with this goofy comparison:
Toda built motor/ITB's.
S2k weight at 2000 pounds
We are looking at 300-310 hp to the wheels

VS

OEM Honda Comptech SC
S2k weight 2815 pounds
Let's forget for now that the logical comparison would have been an otherwise stock S2000 with ITBs vs an otherwise stock S2000 with a bolt on S/C. The next logical camparison would have been:

Toda built motor/ITB's.
S2k weight at 2000 pounds

VS

Toda built motor with S/C.
S2K weight at 2000 pounds.

OK, now discuss.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 7 2005, 02:54 PM
Wrong again.
This would imply that I was wrong once before in this thread. Please point out where that was.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uber ownage
Old 06-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Former Moderator

OMG, can we stop with the blaming the "Hayward" ITB set-up. Look at the designs of the ITBs they are all basically the same. It has nothing to do with the name. The guys with the Jenvey set-up showed flywheel hp which to me is worthless and if you look at their numbers it'll translate to the same as my wheel hp. The guys with the TWM, showed basically the exact same gains I had, 30hp in the midrange and about 10 to 15 topend. As for idling, that's a tuning issue and mine idles fine as soon as it warms up. Which is mostly an AEM EMS issue, as I have the old hardware and software. As for going with ITBs and a supercharger, it's something I've been thinking about. The question is who or how to build the plenum box. Before anyone tells me to use the TWM airbox, please realize that TWM states it cannot be used for pressurized induction. If you didn't know that you didn't do the research. My complaint always with the ITB setups is that how do you differentiate the gains of the ITBs to the gains of proper tuning with the EMS. Guys are telling me 30 to 50hp which is fine if you want to say EMS and ITBs, it's just not ITBs alone, which is what I want everyone who asks to understand.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=xviper,Jun 7 2005, 04:08 PM] This would imply that I was wrong once before in this thread.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:29 PM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by pantyraider,Jun 7 2005, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah? I beg to differ.

OEM Honda Comptech SC
S2k weight 2815 pounds

VS

OEM Honda V10 F1 Engine
BAR Honda wieght 1200 lbs
We are looking at 800-900 hp to the wheels

IMO on an open track the F1 car would beat the crap out of the SC'ed S2k.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 7 2005, 08:23 PM
No ownage at all. Please. Not even close. I will explain it so you guys will understand.

Silly man. You have to understand that there are guys that dont care to post that have done things that too you are impossible. Again thats not the issue but I wanted to point that out before you jump on your high horse. I know I have seen it. There are more stripped down cars that Krazik or whoever that is. Its been done face it. If they dont post, that doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Its just a car. Geez.
Anyway you were wrong in another thread so I said again. We can argue this all day. I agree SC and ITB would maybe be the route to go. Dan has an idea. But I would rather get a NSX.

Back to the issue at hand. Bump.
Get off YOUR high horse. We are NOT discussing whether or not an S2000 can reach 2000 lbs. Capish? We are talking about your inequitable comparison. Or is this too tough for you to understand? Address your comparison. THAT is the crux of Billman's and my objection. I don't give a ratsass how light you can make an S2000. The point is to make your comparison with the SAME light S2000 and the SAME "built" S2000 in BOTH cases.

"You with me, Kira?"

PS. I've been wrong in lots of other threads. What's it got to do with this one? And when you don't elaborate on the details, how the Hell is anyone suppose to know what you're talking about .................. or do you think we can read your mind?

Quick Reply: individual throttle bodies