S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

IM sol i need help clutch or tranny

Old 04-01-2010, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM sol i need help clutch or tranny

need some help im getting it looked at tommarow but i want some opions. so i was driving my car kinda hard but not shifting hard and i noticed i missed 2nd and thought that was odd because i dont miss gears and after that all the gears took 50% more effort to engage. so i was like great i blew a syncro but then i drove it home put it in first and slowly engaged the clutch btw its an act 6 puck and it made this crazy whinning ratting just weird sound like something is really screwd but once the clutch is fully engaged it driver perfect besides the knotchey shifts maybe i blew a bearing in the clutch or something else. dosnt make eny odd noises once its in gear and holds power just like it should. it almost sounded like this but all noise stops once the cars moving --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFic7mA4gr4&feature=related
Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Ok i have some more info that might make it easy for some one to help. the car once in gear drives fine with no noise or issues getting it into the next gear some times is very hard. now the important clues. WHen the clutch is fully pressed to the floor and shifter is in neutral it starts making a whinning noise getting louder until it actully gets into gear and some times makes a squile taking off from 1-5mph. even more i was at a stop light today and actully felt the car still moving as if the clutch wasnt all the was disengaged but the clutch pedal was to the floor. and last the car for no reason shifted perfectly fine for about 2 mins then started acting up again. im thinking it could be a throw out bearing, slave cyclinder or master cyclinder i dont no i just need some help.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:10 AM

I am no expert but it sounds to me like the clutch is gone... Shifts fine for two mins the once it has warmed up you cant shift normaly and the fact you felt it pulling at a light.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like throw out bearing. I can't watch your video via my phone, but sounds like what happend to me.

If your clutch/flyweel isn't new, I'd recommand replace it together. That will save up labor in future.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:46 PM

ok i think i have zeroed in on the problem it is not the trasmission or syncro. i know this because today i was driving around in 6th gear depressed the cluth and the rpms didnt drop! so i know the clutch was still enganged btw its a new act 6 puck with new pressure plate. clearly your tranny want shift like it should if the clutch want like go 100% so what could cause the clutch to not release fully. ps some times for short 20-30 secs it will work just like it used to and then go back to the bs again. could this be a bad master or slave cylinder or does it sound more like a clutch or bearing issuse
Old 04-03-2010, 05:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try bleeding your system & adjusting the rod if necessary.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:12 AM

I don't remember how clutch felt when I broke my pilot blushing. But here is my vid I took, hope this help. Btw I'm on my phone, I did copy and paste but if link does not working let me know.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=45051683
Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks chef for your time it actully sounds alot like yours almost the same. when your z did this was it hard to get into gear, was the clutch having problems fully disengaging
Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Sorry, i do not really remember, it happend while ago....I also looked thru my old thread on that forum, i didn't mention anything about drive feels.
But i do still remember about " embarssed noise"

Edit: throw out bearing or pilot blushing. My mistake on my previous post that i said " throw out bearing " but mine was pilot blushing broke. I just fixed on my other post.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM

I took it to a shop and they said my master clutch cylinder was leaking and hes sure thats the problem ill get the car back on wed so we shall see

Quick Reply: IM sol i need help clutch or tranny