S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

I'm really pissed now... why now NA kits for our car.

Old 07-01-2003, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm really pissed now... why now NA kits for our car.

I've been browsing temple of VTEC and it just kills me to see all the parts and kits for the RSX-S that give it 300 and more HP, with redlines ABOVE 9,000!! Our car doesn't even redline that high...... How come we don't have any kits? I'm not talking stroker kits, i'm talking NA kits that stick with the same displacement. Sure, cams are good for maybe 20hp, maybe 270-280 after cams, header, exhaust, VAFC and a CAI. But what else can be done?? Thnx,

Brandon
Old 07-01-2003, 05:45 PM

Haha.... i'm so mad i can't spell no the right way..... now in the topic should be no lol
Old 07-01-2003, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason there's so much power parts are out for the RSX. Because there's more demand. Plus on top of that, Honda have to play catch up now. S2000 was born in a different era. Now RSX is born in the era of 300hp STi, 275hp EVO, 285hp 350Z, 287hp G35, 2++ hp SRT, 270hp Maxima, 240hp Accord. Think about all of these cars. If RSX want to keep selling consistenly. They have to make more power. That's why Honda is backing up all of these aftermarket manufactures with support. It's all a conspiracy

The F20C was the best of VTEC. But the K20 is over looked by a lot of us. And it's the future of Honda Motor. It's brand new technology that is very untuned from the factory. The motor is easily capable of making more HP than 200. But Honda ketp the HP number low, kept the motor untweaked so that it would not take away the sales of s2000 and TL Type S. That's just my opinion.

There's a lot more things we can do to our motor in the NA section that just have not been tried by a lot of people. On top of that, there's a lot more FI interest than NA. No one have stepped up and went to full port and polish for NA motor yet. No one have tried to look into a Individual Throw bodies. No one have went to 13:1 compression yet. Which 13:1 compression - Street set up is very popular among B-series guys. Plus if you do some balance and blue printing of the block and with higher injectors and FINE tuning. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of power to be made.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing that I've been thinking about with these ECU upgrades that people have been putting in their K series block is how long will they last spinning at 9000+ rpm? I'm confident that our block will last a while because they are obviously designed that way, but I'm just not to sure about K blocks.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-02-2003, 05:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by evo s2000
No one have stepped up and went to full port and polish for NA motor yet. No one have tried to look into a Individual Throw bodies. No one have went to 13:1 compression yet. Which 13:1 compression - Street set up is very popular among B-series guys. Plus if you do some balance and blue printing of the block and with higher injectors and FINE tuning. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of power to be made.
evo,

I'm not one to say "Hey, guess what WILL be coming REAL SOON...", but all I can say is "Wait..." No, it's not my car (I can't afford those kinds of mods right now), but it is a fellow s2ki member. We still have no idea what will and will not work since so many radical things are being attempted, but our hopes are up. Give it a few months and we'll see what happens
Old 07-02-2003, 07:46 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

The Hytech RSX-S, with 264.4 NA whp, includes the following for $7500:

(Info from the TOV article.)
  • Cams
  • Pistons
  • Rods
  • Intake manifold
  • Header
  • ECU
  • Ported cylinder head

I just don't know of anybody who's taken all the components and tried all the various combinations to see what works best. (Sounds like MacGyver knows somebody who's trying, though - I'd love to see the results and all the dead-ends that were tried.) It's a very expensive proposition, I'd imagine. You'd have to get several different versions of each component to try out. So you'd have to go through this process either because you just personally really want it, or you think you could sell enough kits to make up your R&D costs.

My guess from reading this board is that there IS enough interest to justify the costs, but I guess the tuner shops don't see it that way. Unfortunate really, because it's something I'd definitely take a look at - I just don't have the engineering skills or money to go it by myself.

(ps - to anybody who knows, what exactly are the advantages of the K series over the F? I mean stock-vs-stock potential. There's the flashable ECU and i-VTEC. What else? I've heard lots of people say that the K20A2 is detuned from the factory, while the F20C is highly tuned. Why is that? Does the K have a better valvetrain or crankcase design? Larger valve area? Better cylinder roof design that can support more flow and compression? Better micture of fuel and air as it enters the cylinder? Yadda yadda yadda.)
Old 07-02-2003, 08:38 AM

Elistan,

Thnx for the reply, you always have something good to say! I pretty much got the picture, i just don't like it ALMOST makes me wish i had a k series engine in my car! Oh well, maybe when the prices drop on uses s2k's, there will be more kits made available. Who knows,

Brandon
Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 AM

While you are waiting for more hp, change your rear gears.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:03 PM

Do you guys remember when "years" ago there were some members looking into porting tests for the S2000? What ever became of this? The results were going to be secret to the people that paid for the head they were working on, but surely by now, the results can be posted.. WTF? Was any power gained by porting the head?
Old 07-02-2003, 12:10 PM

I don't agree with EVO.

The K20 is not capable of making more power than the F20C. No way!
The only thing the K20 has over "us" is the midrange torque due to I-VTEC. That's it. It's also a lot easier to tune due to the flashable ECU.
At the top end, the F20C will make more power when built right. The problem is that it's more difficult and you have to get a stand alone ECU.
there are quite a few people that are gonna have some built F20c motors in the next year.
That's gonna be interesting.

Quick Reply: I'm really pissed now... why now NA kits for our car.