S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

If you guys were thinking of a SC, which one would you go for and why??????

Old 02-18-2004, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you guys were thinking of a SC, which one would you go for and why??????

I have been following many of your discussions when you were talking about what is better, a turbo or a SC. I am sure i am going for a SC and i was wandering which is better , the Vortech SC or the Comptech SC. which one of the two is more reliable for day to day driving and which one is better performance wise.

I have seen on the official sites the dyno's of both SC's and i have seen that Comptech kicks in at 5500 revs and pushes until around 8900 revs. The Vortech kicks in at 6000 revs and pushes untill 8300.

Which one is better for my engine and i am planning on keeping my car for a long long time?

If you guys were thinking of a SC, which one would you go for and why?
Old 02-18-2004, 04:15 AM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=103345
Old 02-18-2004, 06:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say "do a search", but looks like worthy already did it for you.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:45 AM

I had a vortech but it gave me so much trouble at first. Means you need to pay more for dyno tunning. My car was in the shop for 4 months before i can enjoy a safely runing car. Some people like me need a device such as VAFC to add extra fuel from low to high rpm. Also, the customer service is terrible too. They keep pointing fingers!!!
If i know i will need to face that much trouble before i can enjoy the car at first, i will not SC my car.
One good things about the Vortech is the BOV sounds cool!
Usually people have less complain about the Comptech. But if you are planning to use any kind of device plus larger injectors to add fuel, i will go with Vortech because the total cost for the mechanical parts are a better deal.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:05 AM

i went with comptech for reliability issues. you get about the same HP but comptech is more money. comptech also runs less boost and doesn't have a timing box. install went perfect and been problem free. for comptech
Old 02-18-2004, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comptech. The bugs may be worked out of the Vortech by now (they weren't when I bought my SC), but long term reliability is still a ?

There's a lot of guys who've put tons of miles on their Comptech SC cars and aside from the early issues with the mounts I have yet to read of (or experience) a single problem.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:45 PM

I'll get the Vortec because of the compressor maps. The Vortec is efficient up to a higher psi than the Comptech.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:51 PM

i'm going with the vortech kit i've heard nothing but good things about it. plus it comes with the aftercooler and the comptech doesn't it's extra. i feel comptech is over priced even though it's good product you can get equal or better products for less cheese, it's all about the name with them.

just my two cents.

red@9
Old 02-18-2004, 07:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Nobody

There's a lot of guys who've put tons of miles on their Comptech SC cars and aside from the early issues with the mounts I have yet to read of (or experience) a single problem.
Then you haven't read about hecash, who's put @ 60K miles on his Comptech...and apparently regrets all of them.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its because of the quanitity of money involved, purp. I dont think he wishes he had a vortech.

Quick Reply: If you guys were thinking of a SC, which one would you go for and why??????