S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

if i remove the srs unit from under the radio will the oem seat belts still work ?

Old 10-30-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Then why create this thread?
Old 10-30-2018, 09:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by roel03
Then why create this thread?
"exploding shot gun blast seat restraint that only activates in an accident" vs "basic seat belt functions THAT ALL CARS HAVE " , thats why i asked the question

seat belts need to work on a basic level , i dont care about the luxury of explosive safety devices....
Old 10-30-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

Seat belt pretentioners with pyrotechnics or electric motors is pretty much standard on all cars today.
It was first introduced by Mercedes Benz in the 1981 S-Class, so it's nothing new or special for the S2000.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:09 PM

Received 1,396 Likes on 837 Posts

SRS light on=all systems inoperative, EXCEPT the pendulum device in the retractor (locks the seat belt in its current state when it detects rapid decal in a straight line)

When the belt retractors are fired via SRS command, the seat belt reverses/retracts tight instantly, keeping you in the seat, and not smashing you all over the inside of the car. It supports your body, the airbag saves your neck.

In a collision, you will be killed.

In my car, I have bridged the driver's airbag connection (mugen steering wheel) while the passenger airbag and seatbelts remain active.

If you remove the SRS system, you should have harnesses and a HANS device.
The following users liked this post:
HarryD (10-30-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250
SRS light on=all systems inoperative, EXCEPT the pendulum device in the retractor (locks the seat belt in its current state when it detects rapid decal in a straight line)

When the belt retractors are fired via SRS command, the seat belt reverses/retracts tight instantly, keeping you in the seat, and not smashing you all over the inside of the car. It supports your body, the airbag saves your neck.

In a collision, you will be killed.

In my car, I have bridged the driver's airbag connection (mugen steering wheel) while the passenger airbag and seatbelts remain active.

If you remove the SRS system, you should have harnesses and a HANS device.
i was in a bad accident this summer in my 1995 hatch back civic , car totaled, no air bag , no srs , no seat belt shot gun blast, (s2000 seat swap i might add)

i walked away with out a scratch............

the whole "YOU WILL BE KILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing is a bit much.........

thats means according to you every s2000 owner who has a momo in there car ( sans airbag/srs) is living on borrowed time , YOU WILL BE KILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how did you do this and would it be possible to pull both air bags and still keep the shot gun blast seat belt device active ?
Old 10-30-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

you wire in a resistor to the srs harness of the airbag, if you buy a quality steering hub for your momo steering wheel it should come with the stuff needed to do it
Old 10-30-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Deckoz
Well, your lucky... because 95 civic had pretensioners, but you removed the SRS...

and here you are asking about doing the same?
there is no srs in my cx or vx ever , no air bags zero never came with it , si and ex only i believe

Old 10-30-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
you wire in a resistor to the srs harness of the airbag, if you buy a quality steering hub for your momo steering wheel it should come with the stuff needed to do it
momo wheel with momo hub , came with nothing for the srs
Old 10-31-2018, 06:31 AM

Received 1,396 Likes on 837 Posts

I should have said “may be killed in certain types of collisions”

Yes you can have the retractors operational with no airbags. In my case, it is a simple ATM 2amp fuse for the drivers air bag. You may be able to utilize this on the passenger side as well.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:18 AM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
I should have said “may be killed in certain types of collisions”

Yes you can have the retractors operational with no airbags. In my case, it is a simple ATM 2amp fuse for the drivers air bag. You may be able to utilize this on the passenger side as well.
It might look like a fuse but there should be a resistor inside it, usually 2.2 ohms.

Quick Reply: if i remove the srs unit from under the radio will the oem seat belts still work ?