S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Identify the wiring-----Pic

Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a dash harness still attached to a dash (removed from the car) back in Toronto that I will be able to check out next weekend after I fly back. If nobody else can help by then I should be able to clarify some of the other connectors as well by looking at that.

I might be totally nuts but going off the top of my head I believe you have some HVAC controls, remote audio controls, and maybe power top module connectors on there still. I won't be able to take pictures of the dash wiring for another 5 or 6 days, so hopefully someone else will indicate which is the Engine Start button connector since that's obviously of some importance Am I right to say it does not look like you have removed anything from the harness at this point?

I'll get as many under the hood shots as I can in an hour or so.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:42 PM

You should definetely invest in an S2000 Electrical Manual. It tells you exactly what every wire and plug is for and helped us out alot on the Miata build.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...ectrical+manual
Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Oct 1 2007, 05:36 PM
I have a dash harness still attached to a dash (removed from the car) back in Toronto that I will be able to check out next weekend after I fly back. If nobody else can help by then I should be able to clarify some of the other connectors as well by looking at that.

I might be totally nuts but going off the top of my head I believe you have some HVAC controls, remote audio controls, and maybe power top module connectors on there still. I won't be able to take pictures of the dash wiring for another 5 or 6 days, so hopefully someone else will indicate which is the Engine Start button connector since that's obviously of some importance Am I right to say it does not look like you have removed anything from the harness at this point?

I'll get as many under the hood shots as I can in an hour or so.
I bought a book....but anything you can identify will help me a lot.
The problem with the Honda book is, I'm pretty confused on the connector diagram.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Each connector is labled in the book (back of) with the pin count and color. Also there is a picture of the connector and connection it goes to. There is alot of info in that little book.

There is two connectors on the main engine harness. that is everything you need to run the motor. The other harness with one connector in the ECU. That goes to the dash cluster.

It is really hard to ID the harnesses with the way you have them pictures. They are tangled.

Here is a map.

Here is the best I can do from memory.

Black Arrow, main 12+ to Main fuse in large fusebox.
1 Engine to ECU conector 1
2 Engine to ECU connector 2
3 Dash harness to ECU
4. Sensors to Dash cluster connector
7 Immobilizer
8 Immobilizer
9 SRS

14 Ground
17 Heater Controls
18 See ETM Signal to DASH in/out
19 See ETM Signal to DASH
20 See ETM Signal to DASH
21 See ETM Signal to DASH
22 See ETM Heater,AC
23 See ETM Heater,AC
24 See ETM Pass door accessories
25 See ETM Heater,AC
Old 10-01-2007, 03:19 PM

Here, I had these handy. This should help you. This is connecotr 1, 2 and 3. All into the EUC. I labled the injectors, and other pins in those connectors. I used the ETM to do it. Maybe with this, you can understand the ETM better.

Note: The OEM connectors are on the bottom. The top is another connector. Don't worry about the lines in the drawing, they are for connecting an aftermarket piggy back ECU into the system.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 PM

Strato----your diagram looks better than my Honda book.
Yours is colored too...where did you get this book?
I have the Honda book and sucks.
I will print your diagram and study it.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:31 PM

I created them in Visio, using the ETM. You just need to look at the book. The info is in more then one place.

Now, just to be sure, there is two books. One is the Shop manual (Helms). This is a thick book. Then there is the Electronic troubleshooting manual (ETM). This is a thinner book.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 1,397 Likes on 837 Posts

The cable with the arrow:

Goes around the back of the battery, under the widshield washer bottle spout, under the EPS control unit, underneath the passenger side fuse block, and into the fuse block.

There are two phillips screw terminals in the fuse block. It goes on the left one (drivers side)
Old 10-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250,Oct 1 2007, 07:27 PM
The cable with the arrow:

Goes around the back of the battery, under the widshield washer bottle spout, under the EPS control unit, underneath the passenger side fuse block, and into the fuse block.

There are two phillips screw terminals in the fuse block. It goes on the left one (drivers side)
He does not have any of those referance point. Not even a driver's side. Just the pile of cables. He is building a lotus7, so he has his hands full.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 1,397 Likes on 837 Posts

I see....

In that case, Battery + like everyone said

Quick Reply: Identify the wiring-----Pic