S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

ideas on fuel problems on SC'd S2k

Old 04-15-2004, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Slows2k
I'm going to step out on a limb here, and say the VAFC is not able to compensate for the 550's.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, this is not making me feel good at all. I have to drive the car up there with a friend...neither of us know how to install new injectors (we can do the pulley though).

So we all agree that we think it's the fuel causing all these bogs and whatnot. right? What kind of problems might I run into by driving the car too rich? I always thought you were ok by being too rich...it's safer. I understand that right now I'm probably beyond "too rich." I think I'm going to try and get the FPR set about where it came stock and try to make it with the new injectors in. I really can't think of any possible way for me to get the car down there and it being capable of being setup with the stuff I originally wanted him tuning for. If I can't make it with the new injectors, there's really no point in me going. I need him to tune the car with the 550 cc's I would think...when I'm going to be running around 10lbs of boost. I'm pretty sure he's tuned cars with bigger injectors before.

So as it stands now, I plan on zeroing out the V-AFC and trying to get the FPR back to its normal setting. The new injectors should still have me pretty rich even with the 4.25" pulley. I don't plan on getting into boost at all until Sean gets ahold of my car. All of this unless I can do some serious damage by being too rich (which I hope hasn't happened already since it's been like this for half a year or so...with the stock injectors too.) The ironic thing is that when I put the new injectors in, it actually idle'd a little leaner than it did with the old stock ones. I dunno.

Thanks for all your advice guys!
Dave
Old 04-15-2004, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bgbfflochp
ok, this is not making me feel good at all.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:51 PM

well i'm going with the AEM EMS...i'm just talking about zeroing the V-AFC until I get the car to AL to have Sean install and tune the AEM EMS. The car has already been running this rich for 6 months now...on the old injectors. I'm hoping it'll make it another 10 days
Old 04-16-2004, 12:30 AM

I think I'm thinking you guys are misunderstanding my question, and now I'm starting to think that I'm the one that's not interpreting what you're saying.

Basically,
Let's say I get the car like it is (comptech SC, 550cc injectors, and then install the 3.5" pulley in the parking lot before he gets there), will he be able to install the AEM EMS and get it tuned from there? Once he gets the AEM EMS in there, I should be able to fix all the problems with the A/F in partial throttle and full throttle right...as well as idle?

I hope I'm not sounding redundant...maybe it's the fact that I'm hoping somebody will just say "yeah, he should be able to tune it once the AEM EMS is in," but I don't want anybody just to agree with me because I want them to. Does that make sense? I really don't think putting the old injectors in is going to solve anything because I had the same exact problem with them in there. I wish I could just put the stock pulley on the SC and try and get the FPR back to its original setting, but I don't even know where my old pulley is. I think the key to my problem here is the FPR. Because of the guy tuning my car originally, it's putting too much fuel out. I'm hoping Sean can just take the excess fuel out...or maybe play with the FPR enough to get it to where it needs to be. Ahhhh, I wish I had never gotten the V-AFC...it doesn't seem to do anything...anything at all!

If I'm going to be driving to Alabama (probably close to 80mph on long highway stretches), what do I want my A/F to be? I may be able to play with it enough to get it in that range. I dont plan on getting into boost at all.

I really do appreciate you guys trying to answer my question. I know it must be hard to talk to somebody that's clueless. I'm trying to understand, believe me.
Thanks again,
Dave