S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

IACV Problem.. HELP!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IACV Problem.. HELP!

Yet again another one of these, but I cant seem to find anything that is like the problem im having. I was cleaning out the IACV and I took off the black half to clean the other side. Mostly was doing this just to see if it can help out my idle alittlebit. Well long story short it caused a problem. I put everything back together and reset the ecu and im getting weird spikes in my idle. It would go from 2k, then jump to 4k, then back to 2k. Over and over. Before it was not doing this, the idle wasnt crazy bad but I was going to see if this would help. Two things I think might be contributing to this:

1- when you put the shaft back in the black side (where the connector is) is there a certain way it has to go in?

2- When you put the black peice on is there a certain way it sits in. I noticed it can be turned. i didnt pay attention on how it came off because I assumed it wouldnt matter. But its kinda like how you can advance timing on a distributor.

I'll post pics later if no one knows what I am talking about. Any input would be appreciated.. I dont want to have to buy a new IACV..

2001 AP1 with no major upgrades..

Thanks guys!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind, im an idiot. There is a certain way the motor goes in. Make sure the flap moves inside the IAC.. I had mine where it was stuck at full open. Haha, knew it was something simple..

Thanks for all the help.. LOL

Mods can delete this unless they want it stored for future use..
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No need to delete. You wrote about a common problem and described it well, and then posted the solution. It's a good and useful thread.