S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

I wrecked =[

Old 04-10-2012, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea people are being far more harsh than expected... i guess everyone here is perfect, never had a beer and driven, never gotten on their own cars, and are all such skilled drivers they quit their current jobs and join the le mans circuit tomorrow.

i was really looking for support and suggestions, not beat downs, preaching, and scolding... and honestly the drinking was NOT an issue, if it were i would have been arrested for DUI, so leave it alone.

on the bright side after looking at things a bit more i really think i can get it fixed, i'm going to do all the suspension repairs myself, once she's rollin again i'll get estimates, do it piece by piece if i have to. after all the time, effort, and money i've put into her it just wouldn't be right to sell or part out. i don't care if it takes a year, i'm gonna fix it

here's the knuckle, clearly snapped

and here's a shot from underneath, the only damage is what at least seems to be all to the outside of the lip sticking down

i dunno, maybe i'm wrong but, it's at least worth it to get it rolling and get estimates..

and please guys do me a favor, if you're going to post a comment make it constructive.. i'm completely devastated by this, i don't need to be told that i'm a bad person, driver, bla bla bla. i know many internet users get off to talking trash to people behind the comfort of a computer screen but please, not here.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by w35t_ap1
i was really looking for support and suggestions, not beat downs, preaching, and scolding... and honestly the drinking was NOT an issue, if it were i would have been arrested for DUI, so leave it alone.
Did you file a report with the police? Did you tell them that you were drinking?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM

If you are going to be so sensitive when you admit to doing something idiotic, you are better off just not mentioning it. I have lost friends and loved ones due to people drinking and driving and I honestly don't believe that people should drive after doing any amount of drinking. Regardless of rather or not you drank enough for it to impair your judgement or reflexes, you said yourself that you were driving foolishly and had a wreck as a result. If all you wanted was advice on how to best fix the damage then why even mention the cause of the wreck? If you wanted a shoulder to cry on, go to your family or girlfriend. Sure we have all done stupid things, but most of us have the sense not to cry about it online and expect the Internet to hold our hand. If you are old enough to drink you really should be past the young and dumb phase of your life.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM

You suck @ driving. It's best to get a civic. Maybe you can handle fwd better
Old 04-10-2012, 02:47 PM

If you do use a body shop, make sure you shop around first. Less than a week after I bought mine someone hit it while it was parked outside my house. I opted to buy it back from insurance and get it fixed on my own since the insurance basically gave me the middle finger on the payout. The first shop I took it to quoted me $15-20k for repairs, but I shopped around a little and eventually found one that fixed everything for under $5,000 and they did a fantastic job.

I'm just saying, if you take it to a shop and they give you a huge number, take it somewhere else. You may well get it fixed for much less.

That said, you should absolutely always have full coverage on a car like this.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by importkid
Call your insurance company and read them the first paragraph of your post. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out.
TROLLLLIANDO! jajajajaj
Old 04-11-2012, 05:19 AM

Dont even know where to start....poor s2k
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by w35t_ap1
and here's a shot from underneath, the only damage is what at least seems to be all to the outside of the lip sticking down

i dunno, maybe i'm wrong but, it's at least worth it to get it rolling and get estimates..
pictures are REALLY hard to judge damage off of, but I worked in a body shop for quite a while. We worked on a few S2k's in the time I was there. That pinch weld is obviously bowed in towards the front of the car. That more than likely means the frame is bent, because if I remember correctly the s2000 is a unibody car (frame and body are one). That doesn't mean it isn't fixable, but it will be a nightmare both cost and time wise to get it perfect again.

We all make mistakes, it's sad to see that happen to something you love. Hope you get it all worked out!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charliec225
Originally Posted by _brandon' timestamp='1334033670' post='21592950
Even got the alignment done for a can of dip and coke.

or ?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 AM

I read this topic using my laptop, so at first I only saw the first picture..

1st picture_ "ok..not THAT bad..."

****scroll down****

2nd picture_ "Aouch!!!!"

Quick Reply: I wrecked =[