S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

I wrecked =[

Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man, sucks! So if you are correct, if you have a rebuilt title you cant have full coverage?.. I have a rebuilt title and have comprehension.. Which isnt full coverage but would of covered that, maybe. If thats the case then I'm going to call the insurance company to verify.. Otherwise i've been losing money for no reason..

And whats wrong with young owners! 20 FTW.. Yes I have hit a curb in it before Totally fixed myself though and no frame damage Even got the alignment done for a can of dip and coke. On an actual alignment rack too! Thank god for connections.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _brandon
Wow man, sucks! So if you are correct, if you have a rebuilt title you cant have full coverage?.. I have a rebuilt title and have comprehension.. Which isnt full coverage but would of covered that, maybe. If thats the case then I'm going to call the insurance company to verify.. Otherwise i've been losing money for no reason..

And whats wrong with young owners! 20 FTW.. Yes I have hit a curb in it before Totally fixed myself though and no frame damage Even got the alignment done for a can of dip and coke. On an actual alignment rack too! Thank god for connections.
So glad you've got comprehension. Most others have comprehensive. And no, it won't be covered if you've been drinking.
And what's wrong with young driver's? A much higher possibility for having a severe case of stupid?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:21 PM

I don't think it has to do with age. I owned a miata for my first car from 18-25, never wrecked it, even with all the autox, and track days it stayed mint. Just got my S2000 3 weeks ago.

It has to do with the person and using common sense. Don't drive like a ricer, have fun on the track.

"don't be that guy" lol
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis61
"don't be that guy" lol
Exactly. It's hard to feel bad for something that drank and then thought it was ok to drive. I feel sad for the boulder you hit . Truthfully though, I'm glad you're ok and you didn't hurt anyone else, but dude... come on.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:22 AM

part the car out...you obviously dont deserve an s2000
Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 AM

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by _brandon

FFS.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 AM

ok, first of all i'm not looking for pity or to be felt sorry for, that's not why i created this thread.. why did i? i don't know exactly, i haven't told any friends or family about it and i guess i needed to tell somebody, who better than this community?

about the couple of beers, couple = 3, all of which with food and over the course of the day. i act equally foolish on water and sunflower seeds. i say this as a berlina passes my line of sight through my office window, i swear i'm surrounded by these things now, constant reminder, anyway... it wasn't enough for the police to question me upon my return to the site, i walked home while calling the tow company, remember i was less than a 1/4 mile from home. the cop however did threaten to arrest me for wreckless driving and fleeing the scene, i thought, whatever, maybe i deserve it. he allowed me to go however.

about the insurance, not 100% on that one either, planning on calling my guy today, not expecting anything but a possible "you shouldn't have called me", but oh well. i do know however that when i put insurance on the car he told me they don't offer anything but liability on a rebuilt title car, so that was the end of that.

i have spent many many hours and dollars on this car including, new soft top, new exhaust, stripping and painting wheels, new rotors, painted and decaled calipers, new front lip and ap2 fogs, plus much more including led conversions, head unit install, sub, amp, and more. did all the work, research, and bought the tools myself. this car was on the road for a few weeks before this happened. trust me, i've never hated myself more.

am i the first person to negligently wreck an s2000? of course not. will there be more? fa sho. does any of that matter? not a chance. i'm thankful that i, and most of all, my girlfriend, were not hurt in the accident. my girlfriend even spent the 10 grueling hours with me installing the top, couldn't have done it without her in fact. that same day on the highway crossing into indiana from louisville i hit 120 on 3 separate occassions. maybe this minor accident saved my life, by preventing a major one in the future.

do me a favor though, save the preaching for someone else, i'm fully aware of the magnitude of this, more so than you think you are.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis61
I don't think it has to do with age. I owned a miata for my first car from 18-25, never wrecked it, even with all the autox, and track days it stayed mint. Just got my S2000 3 weeks ago.
It's not solely age but younger drivers do tend to be overconfident and drive as if they have more ability then they actually do. All you have to do is look at insurance rates. Note the jump for those under 25?

Pointing yourself out as an example (i.e. one data point) isn't sufficient to refute a trend.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:53 AM

Correction: Comprehensive doesn't even cover this if you weren't drinking. Comprehensive only covers damage to you car via vandalism/nature.

Originally Posted by haywoodjablome
Originally Posted by _brandon' timestamp='1334033670' post='21592950

So glad you've got comprehension. Most others have comprehensive. And no, it won't be covered if you've been drinking.
And what's wrong with young driver's? A much higher possibility for having a severe case of stupid?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:19 AM

Sucks man. Btw, no one on s2ki has ever had 2-4 beers at a meet and driven home, so obviously youre a horrible person who everyone will jump all over for being an evil drunk driver. Ffs. Internets: where everyone is perfect.

Ive wrecked my S and although it wasnt in a parking lot i feel your pain. Just take it to a body shop and get an estimate.. And if its very high, part out the car and buy another

Quick Reply: I wrecked =[