S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.
View Poll Results: Would you spend the extra to get a "Bib" for your baby?
Hell yea! She's worth it!
30.00%
Eh, basics are the best.
20.00%
If I could get a discount, then I'm in.
50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

I went on to the internet... *Update: It's Here!*

Old 12-30-2014, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I went on to the internet... *Update: It's Here!*

...and I found this!

I have decided to purchase one, and I wanted to see if anyone else might be interested. I will talk to them on the phone tomorrow, once I have finalized all of the measurements to my satisfaction. Perhaps if we can get enough people to purchase one, maybe we can get a discount. If not, I am sure many of us who regularly work on their S would appreciate a top-of-the-line, custom-tailored, fender bib to protect the paint and panels from scratches and the odd spillage of fluids incurred from anything from checking the oil, to major engine work.

Penny for your thoughts?

EDIT:

The cost of buying a "Bib" for the S starts at $179, plus tax (because I live in California), and shipping which is almost $16. The one I am getting is the premium cover which is made up of a 5/8" thick material comprised of microfiber and recycled cotton.

Just over $200 to protect your paint from at least a $500 repair. Like a form of insurance, financially inconvenient now, but a financial life-saver later.

BTW, buy one, no later than today (Dec. 31st, 2014) to get a $20 discount.

UPDATE:

I spoke with Bob on the phone yesterday, and he did express a genuine interest in extending a discount to those on the forum who would like to purchase a Bib. The discount he mentioned was 15 to 20% off. He also expressed an interest in attending a meet to show us his product in person and, in all probability, do a bit of Q & A. If anyone is interested please chime in with their $0.02.

This is the picture I sent in illustrating the measurements required for the blueprints to be drawn up. I erred in the side of more coverage then less, and the margin for error was 1/4". When I receive my Bib, in addition to posting copious pics and a review I will scrutinize the fitment very thoroughly and send in measurement revisions, if any should be required, for the utmost fit and finish on future orders.

Here is a very rough sketch I made in Windows Paint to illustrate where the slots that I requested for the hinges need to be placed.

These slots serve two purposes:
1) To use the hinges to add a modicum of assistance in keeping the Bib from shifting side-to-side.
2) To provide a protective flap to the Top Cowl Assembly (black plastic cover below the windshield) from various fluids that might be splashed around, or tools that would inevitably be placed there during work performed, which can flipped over to allow removal of the Cowl to access the wiper motors and linkage as well as the cabin air filter element whenever it may be needed to do so.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be nice to have for my clutch job. As far as checking fluids... I believe most of us are pretty careful and most of the fluids are pretty straightforward in location. For anything working in the bay though not bad. Would be interested in a group buy. Currently I use soft towels and painters tape for long projects.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A good thing to have!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:38 PM

Well, I ordered my Fender Bib today! The lead time will be about a month, or so I'm told. The guy has to make a Blueprint for it and then gather the required materials and get it stitched together. I was as careful as I could be about getting all of the measurements as exact as I could. Whilst also double and triple checking to make sure I had adequate coverage to protect the paint for future servicing needs my car will have.

I asked the person who took my order to keep the measurements for the S2000 in case others might want to purchase one.

I will post an update when I have received the Bib in the mail.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenalize

A good thing to have!

Levi
Old 12-31-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it!
Old 12-31-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Look forward to your review in a month or so.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:12 PM

pretty sweet keep us up to date ones you get it
Old 12-31-2014, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honda has an accessory cover you can purchase Already if I remember correctly.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I wouldnt use one of these:

too easy to scratch the car. This material is less than ideal for your paint.

Quick Reply: I went on to the internet... *Update: It's Here!*