S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

I have a whistling noise when accelerating...

Old 07-03-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=DrDre1443,Jul 3 2005, 04:54 PM] well, you're going to have to excuse me for attempting to think....

He didn't state if he modified his car.

AEM intakes are the worst culprit of intake whistle, from my experience.

My car whistles and it's stock under the hood, it's only heard under light acceleration like justin claims.

I've had electrical interference before on vehicles and the sound eminating from my car sounds nothing like I've had before.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDre1443,Jul 3 2005, 03:54 PM
He didn't state if he modified his car.

You're a moderator, you shouldn't have to put people down when explaining things, especially to me, I've owned my car for 2 months and am learning and trying to be active on this board.
I didn't state that it mattered whether or not the car is modified. I stated that this noise is evident even in a stock intake system. I further added that a modified intake will amplify this noise and make it more apparent.

As for your second quoted statement, where in the BLOODY FRICKEN HELL do you get the impression that I put ANYBODY down? For Christ's sakes, all I'm trying to do is try to explain to you a very SIMPLE BASIC FACT. It's people like you with thin skin and FAR TOO DELICATE feelings that make people like me feel like shutting TFU and never even attempting to help people like you.

Let's analyse what I posted sentence by sentence:
The difference between air intake whistle and electronics "hum" is very distinctive for those who know what they're listening for.
To rephrase: "To an experienced person, these two sounds are quite distinctive." At NO time did I put YOU down for "perhaps" not being an experienced person in detecting differences in sounds. I made this statement to illustrate the fact that these two sounds ARE indeed distinguishable (a statement of PHYSICS). YOU, were the one who brought into the equation the sense of "SELF" ........... YOURself!

They are not the same in nature or in origin.
So, what's so "putting down" in this statement? Again, it's a simple statement of fact regarding the physical realm of things. Any implication of "putting anyone down" is purely derived in your own mind and noone else's.

Most obvious is that intake noise comes from the engine bay.
Another statement of FACT! "Intake" noise DOES come from the engine bay!

Electronic hum eminates from your speakers and electrical components.
Again, this is pretty straight forward. Electronic hum comes from ............ well ................. ELECTRONICS! If it hurt your little feelings that you don't understand this, then it's YOUR problem and NOT in the way I posted it.

Oh, and finally, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T bring in the fact that I'm a "moderator" to make judgement upon, sanction or catagorize my replies. My reply had NOTHING to do with me being "moderator". My reply had EVERYTHING to do with me "trying" to explain something to someone who asked a question. Nothing more, nothing less.

If this is the kind of BULLSHIT I get everytime I try to help someone, maybe it's time for me to pull the pin, because to put it even more simply ............... sensitive people like you JUST AIN'T WORTH IT!

FYI, at peak times, I get upwards of 100 PMs PER WEEK asking for help, advice and information. I have NEVER refused ANYONE! You want explanations and advice, I will do my best. If you want "flowers" and "perfume", I'm sorry, but you have sadly mistaken me for someone who gives a damn!
Old 07-03-2005, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-03-2005, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justin.....I wholeheartedly know how you feel.....sometimes the new guy gets rubbed wrong by the experienced people....and neither party knows why at first.

Sometimes it takes a reply like mine to say "hey, remember the little guys", and not assume everyone has a given amount of intellect regarding a car some os "us" have had for as many as 6 years. I understand. It's a basic function of life. Happens all the time in the workplace. It's why management can get so ticked off by trainees making simple remarks or silly little mistakes.

to wisCANsin s2k --- I appreciate your statement. As much as I overlooked how easy it is to post short comments like xviper did that might irritate someone like me trying to learn all I can, it was the fact that he had to quote me in making his point.

to Xviper ---don't get so upset man, if you really did nothing wrong, why the long defense? did Johnny Cochran rise from the grave? Sorry to see you got so mad but using poo-poo words like that.......

Only thing I said bad to you was that you as a moderator shoulnd't put new guys like me down. When you quoted my reply and used it to say "for those who know", do you see how I could take that as "since you're a dumbass...."?

that's all.....I've read many of your posts before and I highly respect the input you have into the forums like wisCANsin andHalo...

thanks!

P.S.---thanks for letting us all know my comments are "bullshit"
Old 07-03-2005, 09:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude. i dont konw what the hell you're trying to say. but you dont need to make fun of my name and whatever the hell else you're doing.

bottom line is, you took someone contradicting you with information the wrong way. you were wrong on an issue, hence the reason he quoted you, and his post was straight to the point.

in no way did it attack you, nor belittle you. and you came off with this huge attitude as if he'd pissed on your front lawn. you seriously need to relax. we are very easy going here on the site, and us moderators in UTH are very easy going as well. but damn when someone gets all bent out of shape just becaus someone counter-posts them, you seriously need to get more thick skinned.

i tried posting tactfully and you still made fun of my name or whatever the hell you were trying to do. you keep mentioning the fact that you're new here, yet seem to forget that fact when someone who is a senior member and moderator of this forum posts something doing nothing more than simply correcting you, you get all bent out of shape.