S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

I have rodents "under my hood"

Old 08-03-2004, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have rodents "under my hood"

Well after figuring why my sensor alarm keeps going off all the time when my car is parked at home i am conviced it's a mouse or this litle chipmunk i see running thru my yard. Today when i popped my hood i noticed my Spoon reservoir covers were all shredded up and the strands were all under the area were the battery is located also noticed alot of acorns. Another tell tale sign is little poop pellets on the manifold How do i get rid of this annoyance i was thinking a little mouse trap for underneath the car but i dunno. any suggestions will be helpful.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not under the car, but "under the hood" is the right place for a trap. Been there, done that.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:12 AM

Received 5,737 Likes on 3,381 Posts

Where there is one there is many. Buy a couple cheap traps and set them near the places you mentioned. You can even leave your hood up so you don't drive off with them there. But, also buy a bag of mouse poision pellets and place them in small low cans (ie, cat food, tuna, etc.) around the walls of your garage. You do not want these guys finding there way into your soft leather seats, etc. Act now and quickly.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 5,737 Likes on 3,381 Posts

PS.. from your description it sounds like mice. If it were chipmonks I would recommend buying a larger rat trap and using sunflower seeds for bait.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also leave your "RECIRC" button engaged until you fight off them varmints - this will present some obstacle to interior exploration.

I started seeing some signs of mice (we have 7 outdoor cats, worthless freeloaders) and I put my 3 Scat-Mats under the engine area set to High, and the next day, there were little mice feces on the mats. So either the electrical shock scared the shiznit out of them, or they came back later to leave a calling card. I think it worked, as they have not been back.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:23 PM

You may want to try any combination of:
1) Sonic/Ultrasonic Pest annoyance Device $15-$20
2) Green mouse poison cubes/bricks - comes in a small bucket $15-$20
3) Mothballs placed under the hood when in longer term storage - though Illinois mice just don't sit right on em...and tend to ignore them a bit.

For me, items 1 + 2 helped the most.

Good Luck,
Justin
Old 08-03-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For ideas get that movie about the guys trying to get a clever mouse out of a house. I cant remember the movies name (perhaps someone can help with the name), but they brought in one mean ass cat to try and catch the little critter.

Speedracer.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah--move fast, move quickly. The only thing that is going to work is poison, mouse and/or rat traps. You gotta kill 'em before they get a taste of your electrical system and/or belts. If you really want vengeance leave a little saucer of antifreeze under your car.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:29 PM

do u have after market intake???
aem one will be good for this case
1..get AEM air installed
2.. u will have a lot of space after the installation of aem intake where the stock air box used to be
3.. put the cat in their and close the hood....
4.. let the cat out once in awhile or before u drive
good thing about this is u dont have to buy food for cat

this should solve the problems
Old 08-03-2004, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had some kind of rodents living under the hood of my SUV (in the dash possibly) for about 2 years. Lots of snail shells and droppings regularly. I can hear them behind the dash from inside sometimes. Tried traps and no bite, but I am afraid of trying poison because if they die in my dash, it going to be an expensive stink. So I gave up and live with the mess. No damage to anything, surprisingly.

Quick Reply: I have rodents "under my hood"