S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

humming sound.....

Old 12-22-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default humming sound.....

hi guys i just got my car maintained by my mechanic. i had the fluids change to royal purlple on the tranny,engine and differential after i got the car i made a 120km drive and the car is ok then a day after i was driving the car for like 50kms i began to hear a humming sound so i turned the radio off and listened to the humm sound... whenever i go fast the humming gets louder when i go slow it the sound gets lower... i tried to listen where its coming from based on my inspection and observation its coming from my tranny or engine or propeler i tried to put the car in neutral then let it roll down a hill the humming is there even not in gears.... what could be the problem and whats the solution for this problem?? thanks!! is this bad???? will this brake my engine??? sorry noob here

i dont hear the humming from the rear i hear it likes its in the middle... the tranny or propler....... thanks!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:24 PM

Received 1,401 Likes on 839 Posts

What exactly did you put in the dif?

sounds like the dif to me....
Old 12-22-2007, 10:26 PM

royal purple diff oil. what coul be wrong with the diff?? can it be fix??? and also the sound is not coming from the diff its coming from the middle like the propler/ the shaft
Old 12-23-2007, 12:29 AM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

humming doesn't really say much...

doesn't sound like a problem...if it's only a slight humm...

perhaps a sound clip?

what is the weight of the royal purple diff oil...a hunch tells me its not correct...
Old 12-23-2007, 12:35 AM

the whinning gets louder as the car gets faster. and also when i step on the gas it gets louder.then when i realese the it into gear and out it to neutral the whine is still ther and it gets lower as the car goes slower.. i dont hear it coming from the back... it comes from the middle and front of the car... what could this be???? its like hummmmm that gets louder... is it differential.. oh by the way my mechanic removd the engine and tranny because we did a wire tuck on the engine bay....not a slight hummm a bit loud that you can hear it even the stereo is on.......... royal purple offers only 1 type of lsd fluid........ im not sure about the weight... can this still be fix??????? pls help me.... thanks thanks!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:15 AM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

you can immediately flush your diff fluid with le-607 (or the new replacement).

that's one option.

if the humming is present when you're in neutral, i doubt it has anything to do with the engine...and more likely the drivetrain.

sheet...it could be anything at this point.

have your mechanic pinpoint the sound...

too difficult for online pinpointing of a humming sound related to the entire drivetrain...
Old 12-23-2007, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by jyeung528,Dec 23 2007, 02:15 AM
you can immediately flush your diff fluid with le-607 (or the new replacement).

that's one option.

if the humming is present when you're in neutral, i doubt it has anything to do with the engine...and more likely the drivetrain.

sheet...it could be anything at this point.

have your mechanic pinpoint the sound...

too difficult for online pinpointing of a humming sound related to the entire drivetrain...
you think its the drivetrain?? could it be differential or tranny??? illl be bringin the car to the mechanic tomorow so we could pinpoint where the sound is coming from... can it be cured by changing tranny fluid?? what should i use?? thanks!!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:09 AM

could it e the transmission or the differential ... the thing is ican hear the sound coming from the trnny.. not from the differentialll but what im wondering is that when ever i put th car in neutral and let it roll i can still here the sound getting lower while slowing down... but i dont hear it from the rear... its coming from the center of the car............ thanks!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:15 AM

seems like its comming from the driveshaft when your in the car......
Old 12-23-2007, 08:37 PM

guys pls help me.. i know you guys are the people who knows a lot of things about the s2000 and im a bit newbie here... pls help me guys!! merry xmas!!!!

Quick Reply: humming sound.....