S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How to take off the front fenders?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to take off the front fenders?

I am planning to install J's racing fender brace and wondering if there is any instructions on how to take off the front fenders.
Anyone knows? TIA!

btw search function does not work.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its really easy. I have switched out 3 sets of OEM and one set of Cwest.

Basically you need to have the hood up.

You can jack the car up or not. I usually have it on jackstands. Not required though.

Then take off the top bolts and the one next to the headlamp. Then take off the 3 under the car (where you jack the car up) and then the 2 inside the door.

Once you got those off turn your wheel or take it off and you can get to the remaining 2 under the headlamp. When all are off, make sure you pay attention to the headlamp area and slide that out first while you have a buddy hold the fender. Once it starts to slide out make sure it doesnt scratch your headlamp. Then have your buddy pull his side out. Should come right out then your done.

Then inspect the fender and put on blanket and instll the Js the same way you took off the OEM fender.

This is the really fast and easy way to do it.. If you have questions or concerns once you start shoot me a PM and I will gladly help you.

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Dec 13 2005, 04:44 PM
Its really easy. I have switched out 3 sets of OEM and one set of Cwest.

Basically you need to have the hood up.

You can jack the car up or not. I usually have it on jackstands. Not required though.

Then take off the top bolts and the one next to the headlamp. Then take off the 3 under the car (where you jack the car up) and then the 2 inside the door.

Once you got those off turn your wheel or take it off and you can get to the remaining 2 under the headlamp. When all are off, make sure you pay attention to the headlamp area and slide that out first while you have a buddy hold the fender. Once it starts to slide out make sure it doesnt scratch your headlamp. Then have your buddy pull his side out. Should come right out then your done.

Then inspect the fender and put on blanket and instll the Js the same way you took off the OEM fender.

This is the really fast and easy way to do it.. If you have questions or concerns once you start shoot me a PM and I will gladly help you.

Good luck.
Thank you!