S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How to reduce "tin-can" sound (exhaust + tp)

Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah stock will sound like bees in a can, get an invidia tp with invidia catback and you'll never go back lol
Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by s2kforlife,Dec 10 2007, 09:32 PM
yeah stock will sound like bees in a can, get an invidia tp with invidia catback and you'll never go back lol
a cold invidia is also bee's in a can...till its warm.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Amer,Dec 10 2007, 08:35 PM
How do you like them?
I'm installing it this weekend, I'll try and keep you updated, keep in mind i've also swapped out the Invidia resonator with the OEM one, which should cut down on the raspy sound.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm getting a Megan resonated testpipe, lets hope this fixes/reduces the tin-can noise.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the same TIN CAN deal with the invidia 70mm tp on stock exhaust. in fact i started a tin can thread as well, but thankfully someone closed it and put me out of my misery. but not real nice for a guest new to the s2k sceen and looking for answers. i was thinking about becoming a member but not sure now...

anyway it looks like i'm not the only person to have this issue. So looks like only solution is louder exhaust. Good luck with the resonated tp..
Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thesilverbullet,Dec 11 2007, 07:50 PM
Got the same TIN CAN deal with the invidia 70mm tp on stock exhaust. in fact i started a tin can thread as well, but thankfully someone closed it and put me out of my misery. but not real nice for a guest new to the s2k sceen and looking for answers. i was thinking about becoming a member but not sure now...

anyway it looks like i'm not the only person to have this issue. So looks like only solution is louder exhaust. Good luck with the resonated tp..
Almost 2 years is far from "new" to the scene.
I linked your thread in an above post.

From reading it again....looks like it was closed b/c the question you posed was answered -> followed by some Off Topic Material of what Aftermarket Exhaust was best to eliminate the Tin Can Sound.

Which here the majority says an AM Exhaust isn't the cure.

But, if you'd like the thread to be reopened, I'd be happy to oblige.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by thesilverbullet,Dec 11 2007, 04:50 PM

yup my thread got closed and removed without notice as well. If people wanted to search for these type of threads, they can't find it. I feel you about becoming a member as well. If threads get deleted or closed without any explanation is completed BS so thats why I haven't become a member yet.

Back on topic:

I had the invidia test pipe in my 02 S2k and it didn't make any tin can sound at all. Now that I have an 06 with the invidia test pipe (70mm) its making a tin can sound from low to high revs.

Let us know how it goes Amer
Old 12-12-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crazysupratt,Dec 12 2007, 09:43 AM
yup my thread got closed and removed without notice as well. If people wanted to search for these type of threads, they can't find it. I feel you about becoming a member as well. If threads get deleted or closed without any explanation is completed BS so thats why I haven't become a member yet.

Back on topic:

I had the invidia test pipe in my 02 S2k and it didn't make any tin can sound at all. Now that I have an 06 with the invidia test pipe (70mm) its making a tin can sound from low to high revs.

Let us know how it goes Amer
Another thing that sucks is that there are so many different TP sizes: 60mm, 63.5, 70... I believe the OEM cat is a 63.5mm and inlet diameter may play a role in the tin-can noise.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:19 AM

Post removed.

EXPLANATION: No For Sale Posts in Under The Hood.

Please use the For Sale Forum.

Thanks

Edit: very sorry
Old 12-12-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by crazysupratt,Dec 12 2007, 12:43 PM
The "START YOUR CAR WTIHOUT CLUTCH" Thread?

Youre kidding right? Dont' know why it got removed?

The OT Crap was piled so deep I needed boots. Instead of arguing who knows more about Supras, and who's Pee Pee was bigger, the thread (although controversial) would have stayed.

So let's get back ON TOPIC and stay there. Please.

Quick Reply: How to reduce "tin-can" sound (exhaust + tp)