S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How much Psi can stock rods hold..?

Old 05-12-2004, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rumor does have it one of the guys with the stage one inline pro kit blew his motor and he did. to clarify some things he had it on 9psi (higher then supposed to be) and was going quite above the posted speed limit. But he believes the problem came from his install of the fmu the first time, he mixed up some lines, by the way the install was done by him not inline pro. he hasnt crackd the block yet but he believes the rings on #2 gave up. anyways John, the owner of inlinepro is running 456hp to the wheels with the headgasget (9:1) and has had no problems if that helps you 03s2k. I am well aware that the dyno graph on the web is 442 but i recently saw a more updated one
Old 05-12-2004, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

inlinepro is like a heavy dose of amphetamine
its fast and powerful but short lasting
Old 05-12-2004, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by white_S2000@16
rumor does have it one of the guys with the stage one inline pro kit blew his motor and he did. to clarify some things he had it on 9psi (higher then supposed to be) and was going quite above the posted speed limit. But he believes the problem came from his install of the fmu the first time, he mixed up some lines, by the way the install was done by him not inline pro. he hasnt crackd the block yet but he believes the rings on #2 gave up. anyways John, the owner of inlinepro is running 456hp to the wheels with the headgasget (9:1) and has had no problems if that helps you 03s2k. I am well aware that the dyno graph on the web is 442 but i recently saw a more updated one
I still think their turbo-kit is half-ass'ed but their headgasket (made by another company) and gear might be the ticket to get some more power for cheap, or more reliable of a system -pending it proves well.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:33 PM

So I recalled reading about lowering the compression ratio in both Corky Bell's Turbo and SuperCharger books. He states explicitly that approaches such as thinker head gaskets and shorter con rods do not work. The best method to lower compression ratio is to get a new piston with the appropriate dish that lowers the compression ratio to the desired value.

Now you car argue whether he's right but I figured I toss it out there.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:53 PM

I'm a little shaky on the gasket too, my question kane, and im not trying to take you on just curious of your logic, is why is the kit half ass'ed in your opinion?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:16 PM

The lack of ignition timing control. A V-AFC is so 2000 . The motor is really sensitive to timing changes to keep knock low. The factory ECU will compensate with timing changes but only AFTER it already reads knock. Repeat that a couple times with some good hard pings, and the motor is not going to make the 4xx rwhp it made anymore.

Plus the piping looks like such a PITA to install for no reason at all. I bet the intercooler is even a Fin/tube instead of a fin/plate.

I 100% stand by my opinion (I dont think it's possible not to actually) that the Inline Pro standard turbo kit is NOT worth the money and I think profits were maximized at the expense of quality. Ultimate Racing's kit is much better IMO since you get more for your money.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:31 PM

Iam the one that blew the motor up,why? Because I dont listen to anyone!!! I was at 140mph@10lbs. Kane, why do you hate on Inline & what do you own that make you know that there kit will not work. All show & no go? I put my FMU in wrong, thats why my motor went. Boost is boost. It does not matter if from a turbo or a S/C. Well lets get back to the "I heard" stuff. I heard that U/R has had ALOT of cars go BOOM! If you want to be the guy that knows this & that & says may car can do this & that with out running it then you should get a MUSTANG. Dont be a hater till you know 4 sure!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Blkturbos2k
Well lets get back to the "I heard" stuff. I heard that U/R has had ALOT of cars go BOOM!
me too... tons...
Old 05-14-2004, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if only the ur kit came with the ems...
emanage is crap compared to the aem ems
Old 05-14-2004, 04:50 AM

Originally posted by Blkturbos2k
Iam the one that blew the motor up,why? Because I dont listen to anyone!!! I was at 140mph@10lbs. Kane, why do you hate on Inline & what do you own that make you know that there kit will not work. All show & no go? I put my FMU in wrong, thats why my motor went. Boost is boost. It does not matter if from a turbo or a S/C. Well lets get back to the "I heard" stuff. I heard that U/R has had ALOT of cars go BOOM! If you want to be the guy that knows this & that & says may car can do this & that with out running it then you should get a MUSTANG. Dont be a hater till you know 4 sure!!!
You seriously dont know all the shit I've done for a few years to cars. I know that a FMU is not the way to go for turbo and that a V-AFC with our smart factory ECU is not the way to do things. It'd be fine if the car was a OBD-I (hence why all the civics do OBD-I conversions to their cars) but not this thing. The ECU is constantly adjusting itself and that's why a lot of people even have troubles with the e-manage. The car gets out of tune quickly. People are having troubles with the e-manage, imagine a V-AFC which has even greater increments!

Most of the people who blew the UR kit turbo never got it tuned. They were under the impression that they didn't need to get the thing tuned up. Others also ran it too lean and gave the car to a shop that didn't tune it right. Majority of people had their cars at 13:1 or 12.5:1 even in burning hot climates. Also, most people never got the car street tuned. Only WOT dyno tuning. So under part throttle conditions the car wouldn't be tuned at all. A lot of people also didn't purchase the $30 ignition harness for the e-manage to control timing. Then there was an issue with the wiring diagram for the e-manage ignition harness. Many people had their cars wired up wrong and the e-manage's timing that was provided to the engine was totally incorrect. I was one of them that had the car wired up wrong since I did the wiring with the original wiring diagram. It ran like total shit and the motor would knock bad from 4-5k. That issue has now been resolved and the correct ignition harness diagram is there. Get a re-count of how many people are running the UR kit and having problems with it I'm sure not many will be complainning.

BTW, how the hell am I "All show & no go?"

I can tell you one thing I definately know how to do than you I can put on one vacuum hose to a FMU no problem. The guy who cant put on a hose right going around telling people how great a kit even though he just bought the thing and blew his motor with it. Also, the faster you're going, the safer your motor is running

I know I can get the UR kit to run fine at 10psi and last longer than your motor did. Engine management is the engines best friend

Quick Reply: How much Psi can stock rods hold..?