S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How to mount EK fogs on AP1

Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to mount EK fogs on AP1

I've been trying to figure out how to mount EK fogs onto the AP1 front bumper... most of the threads dont give that actual information ... Anyone?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 AM

haha, I just put up a thread exactly like this, saying the exact same thing in one of the other forums to no avail!

Seems like no one has any real detailed photos or instructions of how to install the frames to support the fogs.

I really wanted some insight because now I've cut up the bumper and I'm scratching my head and ass trying to figure out how to get these to stick! I may just use some epoxy or something to glue the metal supports onto the inside of the bumper seeing that the bumper is pretty much useless without them!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:07 AM

thats what i was think myself , but some people mentioned a screw , but i dont wanna start drilling without being sure
Old 05-11-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by S2K Sideways,May 10 2010, 11:07 AM
thats what i was think myself , but some people mentioned a screw , but i dont wanna start drilling without being sure
I just installed these last night and wired them up. Wow, there is so much gap it's not even funny!!

In any case, they're good from far but far from good. The screw that they are talking about is through the actual housing so it's visible. It's on the outter most part of the housing by the vent. It helps heaps for keeping it in but I would like to have another one on the other side but don't think it's possible because it would clearly show.

I did rig up a support to prop up the fog light assembly and this will hopefully take away some of the weight from the actual light.

Once again, this is a mod I would like to never do again. Such a pain!! But they're in and they workso whatever. I just need to repaint them because I didn't prep the surface and the paint is already stripping after my first car wash!!!

I'll post up photos when I get some.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM

wow , sounds like a nightmare..lol it doesnt seem so hard as long as you are careful...dont know -but we'll see , i should be doing it over the weekend.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

why do you guys buy fogs meant for a civic on a s2k i mean we have hids thus the reason fogs were not offered on our cars
Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 AM

i like the look ... i dont care about the actual use of fogs, car stays home when its foggy.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 AM

I have the fogs on my car but i'm not sure exactly how they are mounted, they were there when i got the car

Old 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM

i actually took an hour to complete the whole mounting job on these fogs..wasnt as bad as i read on the forums from some people. To actually mount them you do need to screw into the actual bumper in order to make the bezels sit flush and have no gaps...the only gaps i have are on the lower portion which you cant even see. It isnt the easiest mod to do , but if u sit down and think before you start cutting away on your bumper then you should be fine.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 PM

I hope for your sake you didn't cheap out and eBay a pair...Otherwise this seems to happen after a month or so of use.

Anywho, my car was in a body shop when I decided to have the fog lights installed. He ghetto rigged a bracket to the back side of the bumper, the way he cut it allows everything to kind of suction together once the plastic bezel is screwed to the lamp assembly itself.

Quick Reply: How to mount EK fogs on AP1