S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

how many hoses!?

Old 12-12-2011, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many hoses!?

just spent the last couple of hours taking off a/c pump and most of the hoses on the inlet side of block... cant believe how many hoses attach to block. was hoping someone has a pic or diagram showing what they are all for/what they connect to..? noticed the inlet has 2 feeds of air going in one on entry of t.b and one at end of inlet.. as this engines going into a westfield some of the stuff might not be needed- what about the feeds to heater, can I take the whole water inlet off and simply plug in the feed to radiator, and not bother with feeds to heater etc???
well to get back to point, it would help me greatly (and save me one hell of a lot of time!) if someone had a labelled up diagram for me..
hopefully this message reaches the right peron out there.
many thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 AM

can anyone help me out please?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 1,338 Likes on 810 Posts

You are asking for something very hard to answer.

When you say "inlet has two feeds" what are you referring to? That steel air line cliped on the intake manifold coming up between the runners?

Both those lines come from the evap purge solonoid. So you can cap both those ports.

Whats a westfield?
Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 PM

think you need to post some pics with different color circles and boxes. I can tell you exactly whats what.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:51 AM

thaks mate. i'll post some pics up of the block, maybe you can then help me out. I'll post a pic of car too ;-)
Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 AM

right guys, taken some pics, hoped someone could help fill in the blanks... the car its going into will have no heating, will use engine loom and std ecu tho. other than that nothing- whats this evap system? been told I dont need it?- cheers!

Old 12-13-2011, 12:11 PM

1 crankcase breather...route this into your intake stream

2&3 vac control hoses for air pump valve, which you have circled as 8. these 3 control the air pump. can all be blocked off. you will have a CEL if you dont get an air-pump-simulator.

4 has been cut. this used to have an end on it to accept a steel fuel line. this is your main fuel feel to the rail.

5 used to go to the evap purge solonoid. It re-burns fuel vapors. it goes to a steel line that branches and allowed fuel vapor to enter the engine in two places on the intake manifold.

6 goes to the fuel pressure regulator. this is the return line back to the fuel tank. do so.

7 is the main vac feed for the vacuum brake booster

8 air pump main line connected here. when this valve opens, controlled by 2 and 3, it pumped fresh air through the head into the exhaust system.

upper hose...correct

lower hose...correct

heater hoses....both of those ports went to the heater core. I would connect them for sure. dont block them.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 PM

I'd imagine you will also have a CEL for the EVAP system.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:31 PM

thanks a lot for that! really appreciate the help.
right, lets hope Ive understodd this right:

1 crankcase breather...route this into your intake stream. if Im putting a ram air pipe and filter on, then have this going into it?

2&3 vac control hoses for air pump valve, which you have circled as 8. these 3 control the air pump. can all be blocked off. you will have a CEL if you dont get an air-pump-simulator. as dont need to use air pump, all incl air pump can be removed and blocked?

4 has been cut. this used to have an end on it to accept a steel fuel line. this is your main fuel feel to the rail. ok easy

5 used to go to the evap purge solonoid. It re-burns fuel vapors. it goes to a steel line that branches and allowed fuel vapor to enter the engine in two places on the intake manifold. so again not needed- can remove it and block off

6 goes to the fuel pressure regulator. this is the return line back to the fuel tank. do so. thought pressure reg was on way IN to fuel rail?

7 is the main vac feed for the vacuum brake booster. NO IDEA HERE? can I remove it and again block off?

8 air pump main line connected here. when this valve opens, controlled by 2 and 3, it pumped fresh air through the head into the exhaust system. as you said I wouldnt need them, assume I can remove air pump.

upper hose...correct

lower hose...correct

heater hoses....both of those ports went to the heater core. I would connect them for sure. dont block them. [b]ok easy

will I ruin my cat by not using air pump, or this evap system?
many thanks for help..
Old 12-13-2011, 05:58 PM

1 yes, just plum this in after the filter, before the throttle body.

2&3 yes all air pump stuff can come off. the two small steel vac rails, the hoses on them, you can even remove the big valve #8 if you fabricate a block off plate from aluminum.

6 no no pressure is regulated by the return fuel to the tank, not on the way to the rail. return pressure drops, so does rail pressure. run it back to the fuel tank.

7 if you will have a vac brake booster in the car, use this port. if not, just put a heavy rubber vac cap on it.

8 again, yes you can remove this valve completely. or just leave it. but if you want to clean up the looks, remove it and a block off plate MUST be used or exhaust will flow from the opening.

heater hose ports...connect them to each other.

you can run a stock cat. The air pump system only accelerates cat action for 20 seconds or so in the morning. no harm done to the cat without the air pump system.

Evap system keeps fuel vapors contained in the tank and hoses. During cruise, it opens the evap valve and burns them. so you can run without this system if you like.

Quick Reply: how many hoses!?