S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

how long would it take to tune aem ems on a n/a s2k?

Old 03-25-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jahnke
I dont trust that guy after the whole slick rick screw job I received...I'd rather find someone else and pay twice as much.

I was just thinking AEM might make more sense vs the Mugen ECU since I was going to add cams and nitrous.
I agree. Mugen ECU is non reprogramable (spell?), and it wasnt designed to squeeze more power w/ aftermarket cams.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont trust that guy after the whole slick rick screw job I received...I'd rather find someone else and pay twice as much.

I was just thinking AEM might make more sense vs the Mugen ECU since I was going to add cams and nitrous.
slick rick and UL are two completely different people. I have never dealt with slick rick personally. From you perspective, I can see why you still hold resentment.

Ultimate Lurker, is anything but a questionable character. FWIW, I would vouch my integrity on his behalf. He is very experienced with Honda's in general, and S2000's specifically. I would not rule him out under any circumstances. He is probably one of the most knowledgeable tuners arond.

Please don't try and hurt one person's reputation because they happen to know a person you had bad dealings with.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:49 PM

Asura - I think your a standup guy and I like you so please dont take this the wrong way. There is no way I would give money to a guy who sticks up and vouches for a guy who screwed me royally. I dont care who he is...

What is the best price anyone received on the AEM EMS?
Old 03-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Asura - I think your a standup guy and I like you so please dont take this the wrong way. There is no way I would give money to a guy who sticks up and vouches for a guy who screwed me royally. I dont care who he is...

What is the best price anyone received on the AEM EMS?
Get a life dude.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sideways
Old 03-25-2004, 04:33 PM

Jahnke,

When you had a problem with Rick, I posted that I saw some of the products before they shipped. So did other well proven individuals like Ahhvtec. That was a simple fact - we did see them. Sorry that our observations did not support yours, but your slash and burn methodology of character assessment is not going to fly with me.

If you choose to rehash the issue here, and would like to malign my name, then we've got a problem. Since you have no experience with my tuning, nor, AFAIK, any experience with tuning S2000s yourself, I would suggest that you take a chill pill and wait to comment on something you know about. And you're welcome to pay twice as much anytime - but that doesn't make you a very smart consumer. I've got over 75 S2000s to my credit and I've done tuning on a significant number of them, including some very pioneering all-motor and FI setups (using AEM EMS's) that most haven't even heard of yet

UL

UL
Old 03-25-2004, 05:04 PM

I got an ems for 900 used but had priced one out for 1150. Not too bad I guess I saved a little. Jack at P1 auto did a good job on my car today. He wasn't too expensive but still got a quality tune out of him. Now if my timing chain didn't have a kink in it I would be cruising in my S.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
Jahnke,

When you had a problem with Rick, I posted that I saw some of the products before they shipped.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by speedy4cyl
I got an ems for 900 used but had priced one out for 1150. Not too bad I guess I saved a little. Jack at P1 auto did a good job on my car today. He wasn't too expensive but still got a quality tune out of him. Now if my timing chain didn't have a kink in it I would be cruising in my S.
If you could please pm me where you got the $1150 price. Thats the best price I've seen.

What did P1 auto charge per hour for tuning? How long did it take him?
Old 03-25-2004, 11:33 PM

Then you should have kept your mouth shut. You stepped into this thread and commented negatively on my character with no relevant experience to support your implication. You based it on a statement of fact I made about a product you purchased from another party - that's it.

Your statement was ill-considered, irrelevant to this thread, baseless and appeared to be intended solely to take a shot at someone who didn't step to your cause. The smart move would be to retract it and walk away.

UL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jahnke

Quick Reply: how long would it take to tune aem ems on a n/a s2k?